[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FHP going for 51 off his 2.3 overs...
He had a bit of a shocker……..on top of that we didn’t score enough, bowled badly (including loads of wides) and fielding was levels below theirs (two high-ball cockups in particular, one resulting in two injured players).

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He had a bit of a shocker……..on top of that we didn’t score enough, bowled badly (including loads of wides) and fielding was levels below theirs (two high-ball cockups in particular, one resulting in two injured players).
But apart from all that and the result we looked alright tonight, yeah?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: A1X

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Crowd? Still pushing tickets so not a sell out. Anyone on here go?
Saw something saying there was 500 or so tickets available this morning, which looked about right. Pockets of empty seats, particularly in the pavilion.
20230526_200626.jpg

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Brought back memories of Tom Maynard and Moises Henriques collision at Arundel a few years back

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Several hundred available I would think……..lots of empty seats in the stands at the Cromwell Road end in particular.

It was also bloody freezing.
It'll be nice and warm when the The Hundred comes around in August.

That's the main thing.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ha great win against the media darlings

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ha great win against the media darlings
Yes, just seen this. But there are only so many screens I can have on. I do like a win over Surrey me.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Alsop on fire, Curran brothers terrified .
Taking everything into account an Unbelievable win .

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I didn't know Michael Burgess was back with us.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Whether we're from the West and Hampshire are the enemy, or from the East where it's Kent, there's always the true faith that unites us all and that's the real enemy to the North, Surrey. Always nice to beat them.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whether we're from the West and Hampshire are the enemy, or from the East where it's Kent, there's always the true faith that unites us all and that's the real enemy to the North, Surrey. Always nice to beat them.
There is some truth in that. Hampshire are always seen as the rivals when it comes to media pairings Sussex-Hampshire, Surrey-Middlesex, Kent-Essex.

But I think all those counties love a victory over Surrey.

Some see Kent as the rivals, but cricket is not given to hardcore rivalries anyway. Well, Yorkshire & Lancashire excepted.

I think I once read that the oldest rivalry is Kent v Surrey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports