So if Webster is out injured, our injury list is quite something:

Webster
Lamptey
Veltman
Lallana
March
Moder
Sarmiento

And by some accounts, none of them likely to feature again this season.

Our squad is light, if we do make Europe, we are going to have to sign a few more in addition to Pedro, Milner and a couple of the returning loanees. The signing of Milner makes more and more sense though.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Many of the comments about Webster are completely unjust. Under GP he regularly brought the bal out with confidence and often went on surging runs.

Under RDZ he has added to his quick ball skills.

Didn't have a great game on Monday but so did loads of others
True, he "regularly brought the bal out with confidence and often went on surging runs". His final ball was dubious at best though & as now, he'd be left charging back to defence.
Also, the team is massively better at coming out with the ball under RdZ but Adam isn't. He's by far the least comfortable. AW's an excellent CB but he doesn't perform this part of deZerbiBall well at all, imo

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Many of the comments about Webster are completely unjust. Under GP he regularly brought the bal out with confidence and often went on surging runs.

Spot on.

Awful Monday, but Dunk looks a lot more comfortable playing with him.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Doesn’t make him a RB

Eaglesplat

Local legend
Mar 16, 2023
Stozza, Southeazi
Bring Jonny in from Wolves to play RB. He's quickly become surplus to requirement there, and is still a good utility player who can play further up the field if needs be. Could likely get him cheap too since they are looking to dump some of their massive wage bill this summer.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
With Solly unavailable to help out Gross against Martinelli, I think that RDZ might go back to Caicedo at RB. He coped well enough with Rashford to get us a clean sheet. Gilmore's played well enough to come into centre midfield again and Gross could play in Solly's more advanced position, whilst also offering defensive support on the right. It's unusal, but as 'arry would 'ave it - 'Weer daaaan to the bare bones.'

If these rumours about Webster are true, we'd be left with:

Steele, Sanchez, McGill, Estupinan, Dunk, Colwill, van Hecke, Gross, Caicedo, Mac Allister, Gilmore, Ayari, Mitoma, Buonanotte, Enciso, Ferguson, Welbeck & Undav. That's only 15 outfield players, plus the U23s and perhaps Sarmiento, if he's back, to play five games in 14 days, including matches against all of the top three.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
So if Webster is out injured, our injury list is quite something:

Webster
Lamptey
Veltman
Lallana
March
Moder
Sarmiento

And by some accounts, none of them likely to feature again this season.

Our squad is light, if we do make Europe, we are going to have to sign a few more in addition to Pedro, Milner and a couple of the returning loanees. The signing of Milner makes more and more sense though.
Agreed. And this is what RDZ is reported to have said at the press conference (noting that March and Webster both unavailable, to confirm your thoughts), as per the BBC:

"For the last five games we won't have many players and we will have to organise step by step."

De Zerbi did confirm striker Evan Ferguson is ready to start against the Gunners.

On whether Solly March will play again this season, De Zerbi said:"Difficult question. Difficult to answer. I hope he can start the last two games [against Manchester City and Aston Villa]."

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It hasn't been reported but this poster is seemingly ITK as he posted about the Webester injury days before it was reported.
Ah….thanks…..only RDZ said something different in the presser, although that might be down to him not fully understanding the question

Eaglesplat

Local legend
Mar 16, 2023
Stozza, Southeazi
With Solly unavailable to help out Gross against Martinelli, I think that RDZ might go back to Caicedo at RB. He coped well enough with Rashford to get us a clean sheet. Gilmore's played well enough to come into centre midfield again and Gross could play in Solly's more advanced position, whilst also offering defensive support on the right. It's unusal, but as 'arry would 'ave it - 'Weer daaaan to the bare bones.'

If these rumours about Webster are true, we'd be left with:

Steele, Sanchez, McGill, Estupinan, Dunk, Colwill, van Hecke, Gross, Caicedo, Mac Allister, Gilmore, Ayari, Mitoma, Buonanotte, Enciso, Ferguson, Welbeck & Undav. That's only 15 outfield players, plus the U23s and perhaps Sarmiento, if he's back, to play five games in 14 days, including matches against all of the top three.
We literally need a miracle, or something special from RDZ. Stack the back line and grind it out for the points I reckon..if we even have five to go at the back!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We literally need a miracle, or something special from RDZ. Stack the back line and grind it out for the points I reckon..if we even have five to go at the back!
I was going to the pub to watch the Arsenal game, but it's now Radio Sussex, signal permitting, from my safe space at best now.

Eaglesplat

Local legend
Mar 16, 2023
Stozza, Southeazi
I was going to the pub to watch the Arsenal game, but it's now Radio Sussex, signal permitting, from my safe space at best now.
That's probably for the best! I get the feeling that whatever happens, we won't be playing our usual brand of football! At least we only have to witness one game of it at home, the only one of the remaining games I have tickets for! And you'd hope that we could get some sort of result against Southampton at least!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Even if he isn’t a club employee and is a healthcare professional, shouldn’t be divulging a patients scan results….. be careful @torchieboy
Precisely. Not sure why a “supporter” of the club would want to broadcast something that the club or individual has chosen to remain private, or is it a look at me post?

No sympathy if a sacking occurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here