Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supermarkets selling Halal meat......

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hilarious, meat eaters being concerned over the manner of dispatch for their meal. There is no such thing as humane slaughter. The animals tend have a pretty bad time of it all round which ever way they go. If the manner of slaughter bothers you that much then maybe you should question whether you eat meat at all. Halal or not halal it doesn't matter really. If anyone boycotting halal meat eats at mcdonalds or kfc etc then seriously what is your problem?

This story is purely about demonising muslims and nothing to do with animal welfare.

If you want more info, then use the internet there is plenty of grisly stuff to watch if you really want to.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
**** muslamics and halal, I'd rather my dinner was killed like this*

*P.S. I don't really, I am an atheist, agnostic vegan. How Brighton is that? I'm not very gay though.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
**** muslamics and halal, I'd rather my dinner was killed like this*

*P.S. I don't really, I am an atheist, agnostic vegan. How Brighton is that? I'm not very gay though.

im not anti eating meat - but perhaps those in the bbc article calling for labelling might jsut be wanting people to be able to understand how their food was killed. one wonders how much adrenaline is flowing through those animal bodies in those last few minutes. thats nothing to do with religion or vegan beliefs

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I am sure that as a result of this situation we shall be able to find suppliers who do not slash the throat of animals to bring them to our tables,we
have to have the meat packaged with the required information.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am sure that as a result of this situation we shall be able to find suppliers who do not slash the throat of animals to bring them to our tables,we have to have the meat packaged with the required information.

Both ways cut the throats, just one isn't stunned first. Not that the video posted makes the pre-stunning of the animal look any less traumatic. I would hope that slaughter houses are better than the video shows, if not we should rethink how we slaughter animals as well.

Ideally they should be shot in the head in the field they are grazing in.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ideally they should be shot in the head in the field they are grazing in.

Ironically farmers can't do this for beef, pork, chicken or lamb. Yet they can for venison. The former have to be sent to a slaughter house due to government regulations.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ironically farmers can't do this for beef, pork, chicken or lamb. Yet they can for venison. The former have to be sent to a slaughter house due to government regulations.

Why did that come up as my quote? I didn't type that simyjim did. How odd.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why did that come up as my quote? I didn't type that simyjim did. How odd.

That's my quote not Nibble's :lolol:

I really have no idea ! I have noticed that recently, when I click "Reply with Quote" I get loads of random old quotes listed as well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have no problem with Halal, there is no easy way for any animal or for that matter, human being. In the wild everything has its time and they usually meet a violent end.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This could simply be all put to bed by legislation by HM Govt under labeling such as Method OF Slaughter i/e Halal or Stunned. After all if you use your local butcher the meat/food source is clearly labelled and traceable and i would assume that's the case in a supermaket ?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
10-16% of Halal meat isn't stunned so it is no matter how many twatty caps you use

I'm going go by a debate and what the people in the know said... Twatty caps... Hahaha ****

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
10-16% of Halal meat isn't stunned so it is no matter how many twatty caps you use

So what's ur point anyway? What upsets you sweetheart? Is it the treatment of the animal in which case u better take up issue with much abattoirs or is it u don't want ur chicken dying to the Koran lol..

Either way it's a joke to think a chicken needs to hear a prayer during death

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
and when the fluffy ickle bunnies come to eat the farmer's lettuce, the farmer picks them up turns them around and pats them on the tail, to send them on their way.

Mr McGregor baked Peter rabbit's fans in a pie and ate him.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hilarious, meat eaters being concerned over the manner of dispatch for their meal. There is no such thing as humane slaughter. The animals tend have a pretty bad time of it all round which ever way they go. If the manner of slaughter bothers you that much then maybe you should question whether you eat meat at all. Halal or not halal it doesn't matter really. If anyone boycotting halal meat eats at mcdonalds or kfc etc then seriously what is your problem?

This story is purely about demonising muslims and nothing to do with animal welfare.

If you want more info, then use the internet there is plenty of grisly stuff to watch if you really want to.

Even more hilarious is the thought that a non meat eaters opinion be considered on this issue. They have made their decision, and their opinion known, end.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This is ENGLAND. Why the hell should we be sold meat which has been killed according to the wierd requirements of some bizarre foreign religion? If they want Halal meat then go back to Halal land.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Pizza Express has admitted it does Halal. Won't be eating there again.

I don't give a damn how the meat is killed, just like I don't care how a chicken is stored.... it is a chicken!

I won't be eating ever again at Pizza Express for a whole other reason... their food is shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here