Sunderland V Newcastle.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Luckily for us, this is Brighton's main forum and we can compare whatever we wish. Are you the owner of the forum? No, didn't think so, so your opinion is worthless.

...he has a much right to an opinion as anyone, including you.

It's a a message board, not real life.

For what it's worth comparing the Tyneside derby with palace very brighton derby is a non starter. Having been to both, the hatred between the two sets of fans makes our derby seem like a love in.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
...he has a much right to an opinion as anyone, including you.

It's a a message board, not real life.

For what it's worth comparing the Tyneside derby with palace very brighton derby is a non starter. Having been to both, the hatred between the two sets of fans makes our derby seem like a love in.

I agree, that was pretty much my point. He is entitled to voice a opinion as you say, however he appeared to be trying to dictate what we may or may not compare. I guess I was reacting to some of his previous posts.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whilst not a 'gus hater' I will be disappointed to see him succeed in the premiership bearing in mind he, as someone else alluded to, 'ditched' us. However, a Sunderland win today does not equate to long term success or survival and is indeed bearable in view of the consequence to Palace.

I think you'll find even the BHA board will agree that we SACKED him - not the other way round.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Palace go bottom.

Gus Tano and Charlie get their win.

Great stuff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:yawn:

Bitter? Nope. I just wont ever be showing any respect to someone who showed my club so little.
Considering your signature, that's pretty hypocritical.

Always good to see that obnoxious charisma vacuum Alan Pardew on the receiving end of a defeat in a big match.

Since Gus became a manager, he's come up against Pardew 5 times. Gus has won 4 with 1 draw.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle must really be sick of the sight of him. It became almost an enjoyable annual day out down here, knocking them out of the FA Cup.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i still find it a bit weird watching poet being interviewed on sky sports and him talking about another club...plus seeing oatway jump out of his seat after sunderland scored.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Well done, Gus. I knew he and the players would be fired up for this one today. He'll keep Sunderland up comfortably although their next three home matches are against Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham. The fans will have to make as much noise for those ones as they did this afternoon.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just saw the into on MOTD2. The Gus quote about the derby was "it's going to be a big part of my future". So making it all about him already then.

I still kind of miss him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports