Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland announcement today,,,

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
1/8 & 1/10 with the bookies...certainty to get it...Just after Fulham have won a game, did Jol have one last game to keep it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He can't necessarily tighten the defence within days or weeks though. He joined us at the start of November 2009, but it was towards the end of February 2010 before he really had an effect. The big game for Gus was Charlton away on a Tuesday night, which we won 2-1 that season. Before that we were in just as much trouble in/around the relegation zone as we had been all season, but we played really well that night and it seemed as though his idea had finally got through and we never looked back. We took some batterings in his first three months. The trouble for him at Sunderland is that he can't afford to not have an impact for three months. In fact, he will find it extremely tough to keep them up if he even goes one month without an upturn in fortunes.

Our full backs were the biggest problem which is why he got Calderon in and Painter on loan in January. His first two games were wins at Southampton and Wycombe, then he had 2 wins, 1 draw out of 6 games in December.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He can't necessarily tighten the defence within days or weeks though.

That depends entirely on how good the current defenders are at Sunderland and if they can take on board the idea of hanging onto the ball. I imagine a Premier League player is going to take to it much better than a 3rd division defender without many ball skills.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
oh REALLY.

You KNOW that do you?

Who knows, what anyone knows. I'm surprised that no one has slated me for starting this thread, as I haven't heard on the radio or ssn that an appointment is expected. I know a lot of stuff that I wouldn't share on here as the people who abuse you for sharing information are the ones who ruin it for everyone else....I would be totally stunned if Poyet took Oatway to Sunderland. Charlie was Poyet's link with the Albion, to a certain extent he needed him here. There is no place for him at Sunderland. I thought everyone had realized Poyet only looks out for number 1.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The title should have read kevtherev's Sunderland announcement today,,,

Who knows, what anyone knows. I'm surprised that no one has slated me for starting this thread, as I haven't heard on the radio or ssn that an appointment is expected. I know a lot of stuff that I wouldn't share on here as the people who abuse you for sharing information are the ones who ruin it for everyone else....I would be totally stunned if Poyet took Oatway to Sunderland. Charlie was Poyet's link with the Albion, to a certain extent he needed him here. There is no place for him at Sunderland. I thought everyone had realized Poyet only looks out for number 1.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How to rewrite history :lolol:

He was sacked by BHAFC along with GP - he didn't have much choice in 'sticking' with him or not!

He was suspended along with gp, reportedly for different reasons, and his case was settled independently of Gus's and Charlie settled with the club by mutual consent.

Though, to the general point, Charlie wasn't officially cleared, did he refuse to turn on gus and decide to agree to leave rather than be sacked, or was he gone regardless? I don't think we know.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I am glad he is not our manager, but for some reason I hope that he does well at sunderland and keeps them up, and I think that he will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here