Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland announcement today,,,

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I thought I'd get slated for getting that wrong, never mind the fact the original story was spot on. I didn't think he would take Oatway there. I think Poyet's out of his depth let alone Charlie. So I get the bit about Charlie wrong and a few think that's fuel for taking the micky. No one say's the original poster got the main story spot on. Typical Nsc, like I've said before no wonder people who do know snippets thing twice about posting it on here......Anyway, that's Bridcutt gone, would be surprised if we see him in the stripes again tbh.

You said there was an announcement yesterday.

There was not.

You're story was wrong.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Here's the original statment that Kev got so 'spot on' in his own words.

"Expect to see a certain South America ex Brighton and Hove Albion manager. Holding a Sunderland scarf above his head later today, grinning from ear to ear. "

Did we see a south american manager yesterday holding a Sunderland scarf yesterday? No.
Was it above his head? No. There was no scarf to hold.
Was he grinning? No. There was no picture of him.

So out of 3 points to get correct you got 0.

I don't think that's QUITE spot on. :lolol:

Your 4th prediction that Charlie was 100% not going was also wrong...despite my VERY best attempts to persuade you otherwise. So If I'm being especially harsh that's 4 out 4 incorrect.

:lolol: The report card doesn't read well.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I thought I'd get slated for getting that wrong, never mind the fact the original story was spot on. I didn't think he would take Oatway there. I think Poyet's out of his depth let alone Charlie. So I get the bit about Charlie wrong and a few think that's fuel for taking the micky. No one say's the original poster got the main story spot on. Typical Nsc, like I've said before no wonder people who do know snippets thing twice about posting it on here......Anyway, that's Bridcutt gone, would be surprised if we see him in the stripes again tbh.

Not sure the Sunderland fans would be impressed with an untried DM, but you never know. I would be VERY surprised if we sold him to them though, unless it is at a significant premium.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Just like the Vicente won't get 10 starts in the season from February. Has that kithen table ever been the same?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I did predict this move to Sunderland 4 weeks ago before Di Canio was fired.

Likewise I have a feeling that Sunderland could be the first managerial casualty this season and as far as I know Poyet is the only manager who would be available, and could walk straight in for an emergency position.

Looking forward to Gus getting another job so I can judge him on that rather than his time here.

Though tbh recently I thought he may have talked his way out of it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting in another thread, they seem to agree that they need a good footballer in the middle of the park... Liam ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You just know if we sell Bridcutt next summer, Kev will pipe and say "see, I said Bridcutt would leave one day".

Another bold prediction :lolol:

If LB played past his testimonial year, captained us to Champions league glory, had a statue built at the behest of the fans outside the West Stand, changed his name by deed poll to 'I bloody love the Albion Bridcutt', got "Kevtherev is always wrong" tatooed onto his forehead and retired from playing at 45, Kevtherev would still say "I told you so" the moment he walked out the door.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I see he has learnt from his experience with us

"I look forward to proving my ability to the fans - I want them to believe because we need to stick together," Poyet, 45, told the club website.
He will be joined by his Brighton backroom team of Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway.
"I think the key behind my strong home record at Brighton was the connection with the fans - I can see that here," added Poyet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here