Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion Box: Alternate Ways To Save The Club £40,000 A Season

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Charge £1 per minute that each person leaves early. If 8k all left by the 85th minute, thats £40,000 minimum

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Scrap the refs - tell them all to fu*k off and stick their their fee up their arse and hire Ronald McDonald to do the reffing.

McDonalds pay us for the advertising £2k a match and we get a match reffed relatively properly. What's not to like?

Also sell punch-bags with pictures of Mike "dickhead w*****r " Dean on them at £20 a pop.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Sell the 1200 empty seats behind the south goal to home fans for £20 a pop on matchday .

Yes,the south Stand ,could well do with some aggressive ticket selling,the trouble is would it upset the STHs ?Or just move the gaps elsewhere ?Maybe the under 21 fans could get a 2 match ticket for £20 in that area.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Empty seats for a pound at half time.

Get the catering staff to sell pies, hot dogs and the like in the stands during the game- baseball style.

Sell coffee/snacks to the cars queueing on the A27 on matchdays.

Jukeboxes in the concourses.

Give anyone willing to pay £40k the last 5 minutes in a game if we have a dead rubber at the end of the season.

Employ pickpockets.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Get rid of half the stewards on match day , that should still leave about a 1000 stewards , that should save a good £40000

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yes,the south Stand ,could well do with some aggressive ticket selling,the trouble is would it upset the STHs ?Or just move the gaps elsewhere ?Maybe the under 21 fans could get a 2 match ticket for £20 in that area.

Not sure , the season ticket holders i know have said they would rather our own fans in the empties and when i asked the same thing on here those that did reply said they wouldn't mind now and again ,i guess there would be season ticket holders that would moan but thats just to be expected not heard anything from the club regarding the southstand and the empties so i guess they are ok with the current situation for some reason :shrug:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Have improved catering and bar facilities outside the ground in a Twickenham rugby style, much nicer than drinking in the concourse of the ground.

I also liked the idea of volunteers as with the Olympics in 2012 rather than stewards who really don't want to be anywhere near the ground.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have improved catering and bar facilities outside the ground in a Twickenham rugby style, much nicer than drinking in the concourse of the ground.

I also liked the idea of volunteers as with the Olympics in 2012 rather than stewards who really don't want to be anywhere near the ground.

You'd really want volunteers to be dealing with any trouble rather than trained stewards?

Personally, don't have a problem with the stewards.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Give anyone willing to pay £40k the last 5 minutes in a game if we have a dead rubber at the end of the season.

This!

Then tell the players to ensure he never touches the ball. Also, sell signs that read "Sucker" to fans at half time for £1 a pop. They can wave them for the time that he's on the pitch. Merriment ensues, and the club makes an additional £10k at least. (Nearly) everyone's a winner.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Charge £5 a time entry to Dick's. That's each visit, so if you go pre and post match that'll cost you a tenner. What do you mean that's an outrageous idea? Just shut up and support the club FFS.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Scrap the travel subsidy and save 2 million a season.
Scrap the police presence and get a private security firm in for half the price.

Get rid of shite players and pay them half of their contracts up.
Sell more tickets that are affordable on match days.

Have more events at the Amex
Have a £5 lottery where half goes to the club and the rest is shared out to the winners.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Charge £5 a time entry to Dick's. That's each visit, so if you go pre and post match that'll cost you a tenner. What do you mean that's an outrageous idea? Just shut up and support the club FFS.

Roll up roll up buy new shirt.
Buy your place at the bar.
Buy another new shirt.
Come and see free loanee Glenn Murray.

T'is the Summer of take. :dunce:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

I agree. And randomly select one person to have the entire contents of their wallet removed. Problem with that sir/madam? FFS just shut up get behind the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here