Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion Box: Alternate Ways To Save The Club £40,000 A Season

Reducing the number of people who use the trains to get to and from matches won't reduce the costs incurred by the train operator and they will still want the club to pay the same level of contribution as they do at the moment. If the number of trains was to be reduced, this could potentially reduce the size of the Club's spending, but it would add to the travel difficulties that fans have to put up with.

I'm sure the club would argue your point that the Seagulls Travel punters and car drivers 'don't use the subsidy'. Coach park stewards, car park stewards, measures to minimise anti-social parking, etc all cost something.

In addition, the cost of an annual UoS car park permit was reduced by either £70 or £90 (I can't remember which) when the travel subsidy was introduced.

Not sure I understand your point HKFC. Club are currently paying out for car park stewards etc. AND also giving Seagulls Travel punters and car drivers a public transport subsidy they don't need on the ticket price. Club will always have the fixed costs of stewarding regardless, but to just apply a broad brush public transport subsidy to every attendee whether they need any or all of it is just pissing a lot of good money up the wall shirley?

The subsidy goes to the transport operators. It isn't paid on the basis of how many individuals travel. Any benefit that fans get is just incidental.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Get rid of Pat (Paul) Nevin and let Chris and Colin pick up their own cones.
Barber 10% pay cut.
Charge 50p per person for the free park and ride.
Axe the fan zone bands.
Employ 200 less stewards.
Employ less catering till staff, but train the ones who do work.
Buy one less U21 player.
Rename the Seven Stars, the Amex Seven Stars Community Pub and charge them £40k for the privilege.

Charging for parking the car at the Park and Ride would be doable, £1 a passenger then free transport to and from the ground. Minimum £2 per car.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Other than charging £250 a pop for the exclusive few to be a member of the 'Seven Stars Sports Bar'? Well? ???

I'll start:

1. Optional/partial opt-out of the Travel Subsidy. On the mainline Brighton-London it runs from Haywards Heath to Brighton to Falmer. Huge numbers of Albion STHs will also be Southern STHs, so would onlty need a subsidy between Brighton and Falmer, if indeed they needed any subsidising at all. . Ditto Eastbound and Westbound lines, maybe to a lesser extent. And every punter who arrives by Seagulls Travel coach or by car or even walks to the ground. So in many cases the Albion are subsidising something that doesn't need subsidising. It's the equivalent of, say, buying dedicated holiday insurance when its already covered by your paid-for bank account. Travel Subsidy needs more finely tuning IMHO.

2. Albion Museum. Fantastic place. Why not make it £2 entry shuffle-through on match days. I'd guess there would be a large take-up by both home and away fans.

Anymore for anymore?
So I need to lose part of the free travel to subsidise a kids bar staying open ? ???

Love that idea. Not.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Other than charging £250 a pop for the exclusive few to be a member of the 'Seven Stars Sports Bar'? Well? ???

I'll start:

1. Optional/partial opt-out of the Travel Subsidy. On the mainline Brighton-London it runs from Haywards Heath to Brighton to Falmer. Huge numbers of Albion STHs will also be Southern STHs, so would onlty need a subsidy between Brighton and Falmer, if indeed they needed any subsidising at all. . Ditto Eastbound and Westbound lines, maybe to a lesser extent. And every punter who arrives by Seagulls Travel coach or by car or even walks to the ground. So in many cases the Albion are subsidising something that doesn't need subsidising. It's the equivalent of, say, buying dedicated holiday insurance when its already covered by your paid-for bank account. Travel Subsidy needs more finely tuning IMHO.

2. Albion Museum. Fantastic place. Why not make it £2 entry shuffle-through on match days. I'd guess there would be a large take-up by both home and away fans.

Anymore for anymore?

Travel subsidy seems a very odd one, but I guess the maths have already been done on the contract, i.e. they factor out certain groups of people from quality previous data?

The Museum could work but the problem is, it costs money to take money, paying someone to take the £2 or dealing with someone that wants to pay by card is always an issue. You could have a honesty box on exit?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Select a reasonably good area of the ground with 40 about seats spare, as someone said the South, but maybe more mid pitch?

Create an auction site on the website.

When we have high attendence matches these seats are available via auction, highest bidder wins. Problem here is you pretty much need a sell out every game or why would you pay more, half to the club / half to charity?

or

Create a bar and sell premium entry at say £250 a season and this ...... oh hang on

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sponsor Ad on the back of the shorts for one season, that's got to be worth £40k minimum

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Re-market a loss making outlet within the stadium that 99.4% of fans can't access due to low capacity anyway.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As the players have sponsors, could certain individual seating areas in the Amex, be opened up for sponsorship?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
easy, the next player we sell, up his price by £40k
So if for example Dunk does go for £6million, just insist on £6m and £40k

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Re travel subsidy, without the trains and buses being guaranteed a fixed revenue per season, they have no motivation to try and run a match day service. Especially as no one will buy tickets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here