Suarez

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Breaking news:
Evra didn't hold out his hand to be shaken, and only complained after Suarez went past.
Watch the after game replay footage - Evra's hand is high, ready to shake the 2 players before Suarez. As Suarez comes along, his hand drops. It's not clear whether he'd have shaken hands or not.

D

Deleted member 18477

If Suarez has just shaken Evra's hand, none of that nonsense at the end would have happened.

incorrect! FA should have said no handshake! they did it for QPR v Chelsea. but yea thats right different rule for john twaty terry yet again! players should not be forced into shaking hands. its a pathetic rule!

would you shake the hand of someone who claims you're a racist? exactly!

p.s. evra didnt hold his hand up to be shaken. watch the previous 2 players who he shook hands with. his hand was clearly up, but when suarez came past his hand dropped!

D

Deleted member 18477

breaking news:
Evra didn't hold out his hand to be shaken, and only complained after suarez went past.
Watch the after game replay footage - evra's hand is high, ready to shake the 2 players before suarez. As suarez comes along, his hand drops. It's not clear whether he'd have shaken hands or not.

this! Evra is a f***ing rat!!!! Rat!!!

Feb 14, 2010
Breaking news:
Evra didn't hold out his hand to be shaken, and only complained after Suarez went past.
Watch the after game replay footage - Evra's hand is high, ready to shake the 2 players before Suarez. As Suarez comes along, his hand drops. It's not clear whether he'd have shaken hands or not.

If so, both as bad as each other. Footballers behave like spoilt children shock

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Breaking news:

Doesn't matter either way. These people can't even pretend to be decent human beings. Sooner SKY pulls the plug the better. Pure trash!

Feb 14, 2010
incorrect! FA should have said no handshake! they did it for QPR v Chelsea.

Sorry I really dont agree. Just like I dont agree with a minutes applause because peoples standard has dropped so much that we cannot trust there to be a couple of idiots. Society should not give in to poor behaviour. The fact that we have time and time again has led us to the situation we are in with crime, graffitti and the like.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Use the Daily Mail thing as much as you like Al. Water off a duck's back. I've mentioned 'disciplining' precisely twice, including this post. On this issue the manager has previous of defending the indefensible. Don't make me use the 'apologist' word. Bit me tongue over the catering thing but can't KEEP biting it... :kiss:

You take the word of the FA as gospel?

And you're wrong about the catering too. Aside from that.. :kiss:

Last edited:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Suarez had a chance to put this to bed today instead he decided to be clever.

Exactly - he also had an opportunity before (as did the club), apologise, point out that it wasn't intended, show real humility. But that's exactly the opposite of what him, Dalglish, Poyet and the rest of the apologists didn't do, they just blamed Evra, twats, the lot of them.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sorry I really dont agree. Just like I dont agree with a minutes applause because peoples standard has dropped so much that we cannot trust there to be a couple of idiots. Society should not give in to poor behaviour. The fact that we have time and time again has led us to the situation we are in with crime, graffitti and the like.

but then players should be banned for not shaking hands? only way to force them to do it surely? im not taking 1 match bans. im talking 10 match bans! no player would then object to a handshake!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

Sycophant I reckon

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If so, both as bad as each other.
I don't care for either player, trying to be as unbiased and accurate as possible. I think Suarez was refusing whatever (1% chance he saw Evra's hand drop), and Evra is more of a 50/50, he may have shaken. But his hand definitely dropped.

To be honest, I wouldn't have watched the game if it wasn't for this thread that got my interest.

Now then - come on you Seagulls!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just like I dont agree with a minutes applause because peoples standard has dropped so much that we cannot trust there to be a couple of idiots.
Nah, some people just prefer to applaud someone's life rather than think quietly. Like Gary Speed - that was a minutes silence, and would have been observed, but it was broken by applause.

On a more interesting note, the albion away fans are in good voice, good jobs lads.

Feb 14, 2010
but then players should be banned for not shaking hands? only way to force them to do it surely? im not taking 1 match bans. im talking 10 match bans! no player would then object to a handshake!

If the managers had anything about them they would make intelligent comment about racism, see it from both sides and then explain that as his employee, he will be having a word. As this seems beyond both managers, yes the FA should make an example of them both and ban them for the rest of the season. The players need to understand they are at work, and you shake hands with all sorts of unpleasant people at work, well I do anyway.

Feb 14, 2010
Nah, some people just prefer to applaud someone's life rather than think quietly. Like Gary Speed - that was a minutes silence, and would have been observed, but it was broken by applause.

On a more interesting note, the albion away fans are in good voice, good jobs lads.

I wish you were right. But you know it was brought in to capitulate to people that refuse to behave themselves. Again society gave in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wish you were right. But you know it was brought in to capitulate to people that refuse to behave themselves. Again society gave in.
Maybe that's why it started, but it can work. Like remembering those who've died at war requires silence. Remembering someone you were a bit closer to (one of your best players etc) can suit applause, to say how great they were for you.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Sir Alex Ferguson has come out with some *ahem* rather strong comments...

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on Luis Suarez's decision not to shake Patrice Evra's hand before kick-off, and Evra's celebrations at full-time following United's win: "I couldn't believe Suarez refused Evra's handshake. Suarez is a disgrace to Liverpool football club. He should not be allowed to play for Liverpool again, the history of that club. He could have caused a riot. Racism is an important issue and football has come a long way since the days of bananas being thrown at John Barnes. Evra shouldn't have jumped in front of Suarez in celebration at the end. He shouldn't have done that."

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

This times 1000,000,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports