Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Suarez has confirmed once again what a wanker he is
Hate when players like El Abd try to get other players sent off but would love it if our players wind up that slimey weasel next week
Evra is also pretty much a wanker but good on him at the end, no better way to get back at Suarez by beating him at football
Mr Poyet can say whatever he likes on any matter he wishes

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Suarez has confirmed once again what a wanker he is
Hate when players like El Abd try to get other players sent off but would love it if our players wind up that slimey weasel next week
Evra is also pretty much a wanker but good on him at the end, no better way to get back at Suarez by beating him at football
Mr Poyet can say whatever he likes on any matter he wishes

What?? Suarez is a great footballer. Evra is a ****. I hope our fans give Suarez a great reception next week.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
listening to Dalglish, what an odious arse he is.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Just been on FB my god its dull, Every other status is about what a nasty man suarez is.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If the managers had anything about them they would make intelligent comment about racism, see it from both sides and then explain that as his employee, he will be having a word. As this seems beyond both managers, yes the FA should make an example of them both and ban them for the rest of the season. The players need to understand they are at work, and you shake hands with all sorts of unpleasant people at work, well I do anyway.

Your comment on the managers responsibilities are spot on. Dalglish was an utter twat in his SKY after match interview and went off at a tangent going on about fan behavior, lack of boookings and denying he had even witnessed the incident and then claiming he heard a different version. He could have simply said to the reporter that he would rather focus on the football and that any concerns with Suarez's conduct were a private internal matter for Liverpool club to deal with as deemed appropriate.

Bottom line is that all the nonsense today will mean the debates will rage on and let's all pray that Gus keeps his nose out and just focuses on managing us. Frankly, i will be annoyed with Gus if next Sunday he feels some ill conceived need to make any public display of solidarity with his countryman and/or the Liverpool fans. Of course if we win i might just not give a toss! :)

Dandyman

In London village.
Yep, they do.

If there was any substance in this then the CPS would be dragging them through the courts.

I suspect it would require a complaint. Terry is in court because people in the crowd made a formal complaint about his conduct.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
What?? Suarez is a great footballer. Evra is a ****. I hope our fans give Suarez a great reception next week.

How can you respect Suarez no matter how good he is at football and I agree he is a good footballer
He certainly won't get a good reception from us but he won't get abuse too (not our battle)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm in the "Suarez isn't a racist" camp so I respect him for being a great player and respect him for refusing Evras handshake.

If we didn't have a Uruguayan manager and Suarez had said that about bridcutt, would you feel the same?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm in the "Suarez isn't a racist" camp so I respect him for being a great player and respect him for refusing Evras handshake.

"I don't talk to blacks" sounds rather racist to me.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

Yes! Well said that man. Evra has a massive history of being a ****! Another Gary Neville basically!
I'll be clapping Suarez next week, he's a very good Footballer who was accused of being racist against one person's unreliable evidence.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
I'm liking the thought process here..."I really don't like Evra sooooooo...its ok if people give him racist abuse".

Liverpool and Dalglish should have accepted the punishment, apologised, and said it was a misjudgement, rather than any real racist meaning. Instead they've created this cauldron of racist hate from some, not all, of their fans. And they keep going, such a sad state for one of the most famous clubs in our country.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
They should have never been forced to shake hands in the first place.
However as they had no choice Suarez should have end of story. Fortunately for evra he tackled rio rather than Suarez as it would have been a straight red.
Very poor game which was always going to be of secondary importance. Rooney's first goal was great.
Personally I am please that will be the last time we play each other this season in order to give footy a chance.
Although I feel Suarez let himself down today, and Kenny had little to defend him with, evra's pathetic celebration and fergies sanctimonious choir boy comments after the match were quite sickening.
Anyway, what about Albion's superb result today?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Suarez was bang out of order to not shake hands with evra, they are both men and know they are idolised by kids all over the world, kids who will mimmick their behaviour. What's so hard about taking your punishment and moving on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here