Suarez

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't agree with your principle. How many people have never ever said one racist remark? Even non racists make the odd stupid comment.

Odd stupid comment is one thing. To repeatedly goad a player about his skin colour is another thing all together.

Suarez has a history of arrogant, classless nasty behaviour as another poster has stated. He is a despicable person and I do not understand how any normal sane person can like him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really hope our fans support OUR team next week and not jump on the abuse Suarez bandwagon

I'll be giving Suarez the full treatment don't you worry.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What's the problem? Suraez isn't English.

Oh, that's alright then. :rolleyes:

He plays for an English club, one with a huge following overseas. They are playing against another English club, with an even bigger following overseas. They cannot act like civilised people and shake hands, then have a punch up in the tunnel at half time. Yeah, excellent advert for English football.

Both clubs should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and not being able to control their players. The least Liverpool could have done, is insist that Suarez shakes hands, even if he does not mean it.

It is, frankly, pathetic.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon we'll need Adam El-Abd to wind Suarez up to the point of MADNESS like he did the entire Pompey team in the Cup last season :lol:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Suarez had a chance to put this to bed today instead he decided to be clever.

Unfortunately it was not clever and he now looks even more stupid and spiteful.

Should be fined by his club, he was in the wrong and was found guilty for his actions only to now continue to highlight what a total bell end he is.

The rediculous support from Liverpool fans when he was clearly guilty and from the management at the club has made the situation far worse.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Odd stupid comment is one thing. To repeatedly goad a player about his skin colour is another thing all together.
Is that what's been reported? I didn't know it was proved that it was repeated goading.
Suarez has a history of arrogant, classless nasty behaviour
I don't know anything about him other than what I've seen on the pitch.

He plays for an English club, one with a huge following overseas. They are playing against another English club, with an even bigger following overseas. They cannot act like civilised people and shake hands, then have a punch up in the tunnel at half time. Yeah, excellent advert for English football. Both clubs should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute
Pah, storm in a tea cup. Not shaking hands in hardly uncivilised, and do we even know if a single punch was thrown in the tunnel? The game hasn't been brought into disrepute at all. FIFA do that.
The least Liverpool could have done, is insist that Suarez shakes hands, even if he does not mean it.
That probably would have been sensible, but I don't know the facts of the case. If I felt I was unfairly accused of racism, I wouldn't want to shake his hand either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reckon we'll need Adam El-Abd to wind Suarez up to the point of MADNESS like he did the entire Pompey team in the Cup last season :lol:

The entire Albion team refusing to shake Suarez's hand will be an excellent start I think, then hand the baton to El Abd to finish off the job.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that what's been reported? I didn't know it was proved that it was repeated goading.
I don't know anything about him other than what I've seen on the pitch.
Pah, storm in a tea cup. Not shaking hands in hardly uncivilised, and do we even know if a single punch was thrown in the tunnel? The game hasn't been brought into disrepute at all. FIFA do that.
That probably would have been sensible, but I don't know the facts of the case. If I felt I was unfairly accused of racism, I wouldn't want to shake his hand either.

FFS. Point 1 yes he repeatedly goaded Evra about his skin colour. Did you not read the report or Suarez's own admission? It was proved using the same level of determination used in a civil court. Point 2, read up on Suarez. He's been banned for biting players amongst other misdemeanors.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
100% this.

El-Abd is fantastic at winding up the opposition, he is reaching Jedi levels at it. Warren Aspinall was also a fine exponent of the wind up......I love these type of players, especially when you know that away from the football Adam is a nice fella so its all part of the plan. It pleases me.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

He plays for an English club, one with a huge following overseas. They are playing against another English club, with an even bigger following overseas. They cannot act like civilised people and shake hands, then have a punch up in the tunnel at half time. Yeah, excellent advert for English football.

Both clubs should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and not being able to control their players. The least Liverpool could have done, is insist that Suarez shakes hands, even if he does not mean it.

It is, frankly, pathetic.

Exactly this.

As I'm watching all this unfold in the States (for now), I keep thinking how all this pathetic shite must look to outsiders. The fact that race is - unbelievably - still an issue in this sport in 2012 would put me off the game for life if I hadn't been brought up with it.

Suarez is nothing more but loathsome subhuman scum. The fact that Gus sticks up for him so pathetically makes me want to vomit.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He was always going to receive dogs abuse for the entire afternoon. He clearly feels wronged. He didn't shake hands pre-match (which is a charade anyway). So what ?

If people don't like him it will have made little difference.

I think he is completely in the wrong, and should have shaken hands - but if he chose not to - so what ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Exactly this.

As I'm watching all this unfold in the States (for now), I keep thinking how all this pathetic shite must look to outsiders. The fact that race is - unbelievably - still an issue in this sport in 2012 would put me off the game for life if I hadn't been brought up with it.

Suarez is nothing more but loathsome subhuman scum. The fact that Gus sticks up for him so pathetically makes me want to vomit.

Why was such a massive thing made of it ? There is lots of unsavory stuff that happens on a football pitch. But this is dragged out for bloody weeks. It was wrong, and handled wrong - but loathsome subhuman scum ? You need to gain some perspective MoH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports