Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No point posting my views on it as it will just turn into a debate about whether Suarez is racist or not.

In Suarez's eyes he wasnt racist and Evra got him fined, got him a ban and has badly damaged his reputation so you cant blame him for not shaking hands. Im surprised they went with the handsake tbh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he was racist; why is he not before the courts?
Does anyone ever get put before the courts for calling someone a name? It's not like it was a race attack etc.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
No point posting my views on it as it will just turn into a debate about whether Suarez is racist or not.

In Suarez's eyes he wasnt racist and Evra got him fined, got him a ban and has badly damaged his reputation so you cant blame him for not shaking hands. Im surprised they went with the handsake tbh.

:lolol: You think his repuatation wasn't bad before? He got shipped out of Holland for BITING ANOTHER PLAYERS EAR! Plus his totally classless antics at the World Cup made him a FIRST CLASS TOSSER in pretty much everyone's eyes even before the Racist Abuse incident (which he has admitted too). Absolutely nasty piece of filth.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4710610 said:
What has Evra done to be a twerp compared to Suarez who is guilty of forcing transfers in court, biting other players ears, blatently cheating in a world cup quarter final and then celebrating gyan's penalty miss in the most distasteful way. Suarez comes across as a nasty little piece of work.

Patrice Evra on the other hand, have you ever seen his interviews? He comes across like a lovely bloke and is a bit of a joker... What on earth makes him a "twerp"?!

Leading the French squad in strike action during a World Cup perhaps?

Sent by the power of Gus' tactical genius

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Its just all so unnecessary. Shake hands and it moves on, not shaking hands (especially in that manner) and it will rumble on yet further...

No doubt Gus will have something non-controversial and non-divisive to say on the matter.
Can't see this ending 11 vs. 11.

nooooooo :eek:

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Shaking hands before the match is a joke anyway, people do love drama though so well done Suarez for giving it to them.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Leading the French squad in strike action during a World Cup perhaps?

That's completely different, Evra as team captain just stood up for his team mate Gourcoff who was dropped by Domonech because Frank Ribery didn't like him and used to bully him for "being a bit quiet" and refusing to go into a strip club on a night out. It's hardly biting another player or racist abuse is it, it was a footballing issue although admittedly not dealt with in the most professional manner.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does anyone ever get put before the courts for calling someone a name? It's not like it was a race attack etc.

Ask John Terry?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4710650 said:
That's completely different, Evra as team captain just stood up for his team mate Gourcoff who was dropped by Domonech because Frank Ribery didn't like him and used to bully him for "being a bit quiet" and refusing to go into a strip club on a night out. It's hardly biting another player or racist abuse is it, it was a footballing issue although admittedly not dealt with in the most professional manner.

Are you Evra's agent?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4710610 said:
What has Evra done to be a twerp compared to Suarez who is guilty of forcing transfers in court, biting other players ears, blatently cheating in a world cup quarter final and then celebrating gyan's penalty miss in the most distasteful way. Suarez comes across as a nasty little piece of work.

Patrice Evra on the other hand, have you ever seen his interviews? He comes across like a lovely bloke and is a bit of a joker... What on earth makes him a "twerp"?!

It's nothing personal, and I know Suarez has been fully to blame for this latest scandal, but I just find Evra obnoxious at times - before the racism saga unfolded. Suarez is a rude, cheating bastard, but I'm taking a back seat in all this. No good will come of it.

Last edited:

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I don't care if he's not 'before the courts' what Suarez said to Evra was racist. He is racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here