Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart attwell today

briref

Aug 12, 2008
So technically he was injured and the changing of shirts was a by the way as a result of the injury, so the ref was wrong even on that one.

A shirt is part of the players equipment - he had to change it. Laws of the game states he has to wait till a stoppage in play until he returns to the field. No ifs, buts, maybe's bla bla bla.
ATWELL was correct on this occasion.
I did not know, 25,000 other fans did not know, the players did not know, the management did not know.
Properly only 4 people knew - maybe we give these guys two much stick when all they are doing is applying the laws of the game.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Something similar happened in a premier league match on sky a few weeks ago, so I knew about the law (though didn't before that).

Oddly, I think some of his actual mistakes barely received any criticism from our fans, while he suffered a host of abuse for decisions (like the bridcutt thing, like the two orlandi penalty claims, and the ulloa (?) free kick, and a few incidents when our players went down too easy and the fans claimed as fouls) that he actually got right.

Totally agree with this. The things he did get wrong we don't complain about, yet the bridcutt thing and the penalty shouts that he got right we are having a go at him!

Re the bridcutt thing. Why on earth when Kush has the ball in his hand he is not kicking it out of play somewhere close to the half way line I just don't know. Hull would feel obliged and under pressure to return the ball and worst case scenario even if they didn't we would have our most important defensive player back on the field and drum up a hostile crowd who would have thought they have just been cheated out of possession? No brainer for me. Instead we keep it in play and risk playing 3 minutes of football without possession and with only 10 men. Thoughts?

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Totally agree with this. The things he did get wrong we don't complain about, yet the bridcutt thing and the penalty shouts that he got right we are having a go at him!

Re the bridcutt thing. Why on earth when Kush has the ball in his hand he is not kicking it out of play somewhere close to the half way line I just don't know. Hull would feel obliged and under pressure to return the ball and worst case scenario even if they didn't we would have our most important defensive player back on the field and drum up a hostile crowd who would have thought they have just been cheated out of possession? No brainer for me. Instead we keep it in play and risk playing 3 minutes of football without possession and with only 10 men. Thoughts?

great post

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No mention of the female assistant? Looked good from behind!

Got an offside call wrong early in the first hald and gave a few throw ins incorrectly but she did well. The referee, however, has reached a level of consistency. Sh*t every week.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No mention of the female assistant? Looked good from behind!

Got an offside call wrong early in the first hald and gave a few throw ins incorrectly but she did well. The referee, however, has reached a level of consistency. Sh*t every week.

Yes and she wasnt fussing with her hair this time..Forest game she wasnt happy as it got so wet

[

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
In my opinion he took the easy decisions today. He missed 3 of the most blatant dives I have seen in a while.
First being Orlandi ... I laughed in embarrassment.
Second was koren. He even gave it as a free-kick.
Third was meyler . If he had booked Orlandi as he should the other 2 wouldn't of happened.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His nose was bleeding.

But he also had blood on his shirt. That's why when he came back on he had a shirt with no number as he had changed it.

Frustrating, but I guess we were all angry because of our ignorance of the rules. Me included.

True BUT every ref seems to just wave them back on don't they. Part of me thinks stuff the rules use common sense.. Either way he was LOVING the attention. Did he indeed wait til play had stopped before waving brids on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here