Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart attwell today

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
WTF was going on with not letting Bridcutt back on?

He even held his hand up to stop him...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought he did fine in the first half, though things definitely deteriorated after the break. Both managers thought he was poor, that usually says something.

Not sure any of the penalty shouts were penalties either, for both teams, more of a case of baffling decisions and awards/non awards of obvious free kicks.

However I do think people get overly hung up on referees. He wasn't the story of the day. That was Tomasz's two saves, and Vicente showing his quality when he came on. And maybe Orlandi's miss, which was a shocker. These things decided the outcome.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Never ever seen a Ref do that. He had plenty of opportunities to let him on, hope the FA ask him why he did not?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Irritating referee played into hulls tactics by stopping the game every minute for innocuous incidents yet waving play on for clear fouls. Large contributing factor to a game that never flowed or got going

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What about the penalty that he gave as a freekick outside the box in the first half. Couldn't believe it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
WTF was going on with not letting Bridcutt back on?

He even held his hand up to stop him...
Why was Bridders off, in the first place?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Never ever seen a Ref do that. He had plenty of opportunities to let him on, hope the FA ask him why he did not?

Ok I've just checked the rules!!

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2012_e.pdf

under law 4 "Player equipment"

if a player has to sort their kit out, they're only allowed back on the pitch when the ball is out of play... I never knew that.

- - - Updated - - -

Why was Bridders off, in the first place?

blood

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a complete cock, the not letting Bridders back on was just pathetic. I'm speechless he has got to this level.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
it seems that the rules are now so complicated/fussy that only the referee understands them, with no room for common sense

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about the penalty that he gave as a freekick outside the box in the first half. Couldn't believe it!
#

Which one was that as I sit opposite the 18 yd line of the South goal and there wasn't a kick that even resembled a penalty claim. Ulloa was fouled 2 yd out side of he box and stumbled well into it before falling over and that was the nearest to a penalty shout.

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
I thought Attwell was absolutely piss poor today, for both teams he made some bizarre decisions.
I am glad the goal came from a free kick and not open play as I am sure he would have found a reason to blow up for any minor infringement.
I fancy he had us down for a 0-0 on his coupon.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Was alright for the first half but the second.....

Awful - thought he got the outside the box challenge spot on though - the challenge made outside the box but our player stumbled a bit and fell in the box. Probably the only good call today !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here