Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If he came on here and posted like he refereed he would get a ban for attention seeking.

Small wonder he isn't allowed in the tv world of the premier league anymore.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
There is a distinction in the laws of the game between injuries that are a result of an infringement of the laws and those that are not. He wasn't sent to get treated after being fouled (that is, the ref didn't award a foul against him then send him off for treatment, the ball had gone out for a throw when atwell noticed the bleeding), so it was just about law 4 - the player's equipment. If he had been fouled and went off for treatment that involved changing his shirt, he would have been allowed back on whenever the ref was ready to let him on (when he is satisfied the bleeding has been sorted)

So basically, if a player gets away with a foul that results in an opposition player bleeding on his shirt, then the referee can say to the bleeding player that he has to go off the field of play and that he can not return until the ball has gone out of play. So innoncent player being injured results in his team going down to ten men ( through no fault of their own ) and must wait until the ball goes out play. Seems very wrong to me.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Shocker. Thought he would end up costing us the game.

When he gave the free kick for Orlandi's amazing challenge I had my head in my hands.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So basically, if a player gets away with a foul that results in an opposition player bleeding on his shirt, then the referee can say to the bleeding player that he has to go off the field of play and that he can not return until the ball has gone out of play. So innoncent player being injured results in his team going down to ten men ( through no fault of their own ) and must wait until the ball goes out play. Seems very wrong to me.

It does seem a bit weird. At least if it tallied up with going of injured, it would be understandable (i.e. if players going off for treatment needed to wait for a break in play before returning, too).

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
#

Which one was that as I sit opposite the 18 yd line of the South goal and there wasn't a kick that even resembled a penalty claim. Ulloa was fouled 2 yd out side of he box and stumbled well into it before falling over and that was the nearest to a penalty shout.

Watch the highlights, is was outside the box.

The contact was def outside.

To be fair, it was definitely outside the box...

These. Everyone around me was adamant that it was a penalty though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
WTF was going on with not letting Bridcutt back on?

He even held his hand up to stop him...
I know, I couldn't believe that. It's not like he was feigning injury, he had to change his shirt, the ref just didn't have a clue what he was doing.
Ok I've just checked the rules!!

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2012_e.pdf

under law 4 "Player equipment"

if a player has to sort their kit out, they're only allowed back on the pitch when the ball is out of play.
Oh :blush: :D

What about the penalty that he gave as a freekick outside the box in the first half. Couldn't believe it!
I remember one where our player (can't remember whom) took a while to fall over, but the foul was outside the box.

But all that aside - bloody hell he was useless. Failed to give Hull a couple of blatant fouls, and even it up later. He often ignored fouls, and would then give something for nothing. All-round clueless performance (apart from the Bridders thing, which I guess he was right).

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
How he didn't give us a free kick when one of our players was barged out the way I'll never know, then later on he gives hull a free kick for same thing but less contact. Then there's the goal kick he gave when we let the ball run out due to the blatant deflection off hull defender , the lineswoman was awful too

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought it was strange that we had the same ref for the opposing fixture at Hull. It was probably coincidence, but he was useless during that game too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having just watched the highlights I'm quite glad he missed El-Abd knocking down their wall like a row of skittles during our goal :lolol:

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London

Exactly! Rule changed required there surely.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Having just watched the highlights I'm quite glad he missed El-Abd knocking down their wall like a row of skittles during our goal :lolol:

Especially when you consider that, looking at the replays, he was looking directly at the incident...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Especially when you consider that, looking at the replays, he was looking directly at the incident...

It was mentioned on the FLS last night. When Manish commented on it, Leroy Rosenior said it happened in a lot of matches and didn't seem to think it was a foul. He said it was up the wall to stand firm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here