Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stripes or no stripes

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Palace's red and blue has always produced the most gruesome, vomit-inducing home kits in the league. Its like a 6 year old has been let loose with the crayons and has simply gone straight for the brightest and most gaudy colour combo he can find, mashing it together into some unholy migraine-inducing alliance.

Bright red and blue stripes do NOT belong on a football kit. They belongs on a warning sign for toxic waste. They belong on an eight foot fence surrounding a leper colony. They belong on a jester costume. And yet year after year, Palace still prance out in some other god-forsaken combination of this visual abortion of a kit, and cause everyone to adjust their TV sets when they emerge blinking into the light from that shabby little tunnel in the corner of that hovel they call a stadium.

And don't give me Barca as another example of red and blue. They at least have the decency to turn the contrast down to make it a deeper rouge and nearer mauve on their kit. Palace's is just offensive.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Top bombing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope we win the cup as it will be great for football and yes I will be on here
@Bozza - can we have some preemptive bans please?
It wasn't a straight red but the ref gave it you lost your appeal so you've got to stop wingeing and get on with it
I'll stop whinging about it when I'm good and ready thanks. Assuming we don't win the playoffs, that could be at least a year.

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
This thread shows that NSC is more civilised than BBS.

Can you imagine the reaction on BBS if an Albion fan posted photos of our prospective new home and away kits and invited opinions?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Palace kits are nearly always horrible. This new one is no exception. The only person to pull blue and red off with a hint of style and panache is this fella:

The-Amazing-Spider-Man.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've just had word from a SAUCE of mine that next season's kit will see our traditional stripes dropped in favour of a revolutionary design which will see us play in the colours of the glorious bird which we bear upon our chests.

attachment.php

Do not shoot the messenger I'm just saying what I photoshopped.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This thread shows that NSC is more civilised than BBS.

Can you imagine the reaction on BBS if an Albion fan posted photos of our prospective new home and away kits and invited opinions?

It's very civilised and it makes a change .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace's red and blue has always produced the most gruesome, vomit-inducing home kits in the league. Its like a 6 year old has been let loose with the crayons and has simply gone straight for the brightest and most gaudy colour combo he can find, mashing it together into some unholy migraine-inducing alliance.

Bright red and blue stripes do NOT belong on a football kit. They belongs on a warning sign for toxic waste. They belong on an eight foot fence surrounding a leper colony. They belong on a jester costume. And yet year after year, Palace still prance out in some other god-forsaken combination of this visual abortion of a kit, and cause everyone to adjust their TV sets when they emerge blinking into the light from that shabby little tunnel in the corner of that hovel they call a stadium.

And don't give me Barca as another example of red and blue. They at least have the decency to turn the contrast down to make it a deeper rouge and nearer mauve on their kit. Palace's is just offensive.

Is that a no ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Personally I grew up with the 'Sheffield Wednesday' style Brighton shirts, blue body, white sleves, blue cuffs, and still like them best. Probably not something to admit on this of all days :lolol:

I didn't grow up with that kit (think we'd just changed to stripes or white when I was born) but I would be happy to see it back :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here