Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strictly Come Dancing fixed?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The series was over after the third week when the judges decided Jay was going to win giving him 39 at an early stage. He went odds on then and was 8 to 1 on last night. It was Gerrymandered all along judges knew odds before last night and tried to mug some people off by pretending Jay was to win all along quiet clever really. It was 100% fixed

Didn't want Jay to win then?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
It wasn't fixed. Jay clearly made more mistakes on the night than 2 of the other dancers - the Pulp Fiction routine earlier in the series was one of the best dances I have seen though . The public don't always make the best decision when asked to vote on something

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Why do people vote and waste money for television programmes unless a friend or family member
More importantly Aliona Vilani is beautiful (even more so with red hair)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
My wife watches it and, as I'm normally in the room, it seeps into my consciousness too. My one question, which still hasn't been satisfactorily answered, is why do they have loads of different dances on each programme ? How can you possibly judge, for example, someone's jive versus a waltz versus a quickstep ? To make it a better "contest" I think they should all dance the same dance every week

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Any reality TV show that is decided on a phone poll, will ultimately result in the most popular as opposed to the most talented winning. If Brooklyn Beckham entered any of these shows he would win it at a canter.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
To be honest I thought the judging of Jay's show dance was harsh. Couple of series back a couple did a slow, not very showy, show dance and got praised for it being a brave choice very well executed.

This whole series Craig has been particularly harsh with his scores. Just three 10's despite this crop of finalists being amongst the very best I've seen in a while. Fair few 39's in this series would have been 40's previous years and felt like Jay suffered the most in that regard.

I think many audience viewers will have voted for him as they felt the judging had stiffed him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If, as is the case, the judges scores in the final are only for guidance, why bother with having them when the voting public totally ignore their professional guidance. Either keep them and the scores as per the rounds or dispense with them altogether for the final. Personally I would get rid of Bruno Tonioli stop.

I agree he was a good dancer , but tonight Kellie Bright got 40, 40 and 39. I mean, what more has she got to f*******g do?

Because she wasn't at that level before the final - people are not going to judge it on that one evening, are they?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the later rounds when they do 2 dances why do they not set it at the same ie each dancer do a Samba and a quick step or whatever it would be much easier to judge the merits of each.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't fixed. Jay clearly made more mistakes on the night than 2 of the other dancers - the Pulp Fiction routine earlier in the series was one of the best dances I have seen though . The public don't always make the best decision when asked to vote on something

What mistakes did Jay make? He did three dances very well, scoring 10s from the majority of the judge's panle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What mistakes did Jay make? He did three dances very well, scoring 10s from the majority of the judge's panle.

I am no expert but Jay's routines looked, to my uneducted eyes, far more complex and varied than anything the others did. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am no expert but Jay's routines looked far more complex and varied than anything the others did. :shrug:

Absolutely. The judges picked the weakest dance of the series for the four contestants to redo. In Jay's case, it was the quickstep. He had improved it so much that he scored 11 points more than the original performance.
He & Aliona knew their choice could have been the jive, as they had nailed it, but chose to do the more complicated Paso Doble. It was superb.

BG the difference was ONE point. Hardly worth quibbling over.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In the eyes of the experts he did as he finished bottom of the 3 on scoring by some margin.

Tellingly Darcey Bussell said he was her number one though didn't she? Craig is a loose cannon with his votes so cannot be trusted to be totally honest..IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Absolutely. The judges picked the weakest dance of the series for the four contestants to redo. In Jay's case, it was the quickstep. He had improved it so much that he scored 11 points more than the original performance.
He & Aliona knew their choice could have been the jive, as they had nailed it, but chose to do the more complicated Paso Doble. It was superb.

BG the difference was ONE point. Hardly worth quibbling over.

That was on only one of th dances the overall was about 8 if i remember correctly Kelly dropped 1 point all evening and finished on 79 and Jay on 72 or possibly 71.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Right if this was an attempted fix, the fix was in favour of Kelly. She was handed a dance she did relatively well with for her supposed 'challenging' first dance... None of the other contestants were allowed that opportunity. FIX. Kelly then basically danced two Charleston style routines for her show dance and favoured routine. That again shouldn't have been allowed. FIX. The judges wanted her to win and attempted to 'damage' the pre-show favourite by being a wee bit harsh - adds to the drama. When it became a bit too obvious, Craig inexplicably gave Kelly a 9 after creaming all over her final routine. FIX.

Bizzare.

Kelly clearly also thought she'd won from dance two, (smug expression) and lost some of her support by looking just a little too cocky for some - I suspect.

The fact that all this attempted cloak and dagger shite back fired so hilariously, making for a anti climatic shambles when the winner was crowned serves all the production staff and judges bloody well right. Next time keep it clean. What do they think this is? The f'ing hunger games.

Lastly it was democratic public vote, and much like the election some people, Len ahem, were left with the prospect of eating glittery hat's for breakfast, lunch and dinner today.

Game over, Jay won and as the judges said he was/is technically perfect. Just not in Eastenders, thank ****.

More importantly we lost 3-0 at home yesterday, that was obviously fixed if you ask me.

Kosh

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That was on only one of th dances the overall was about 8 if i remember correctly Kelly dropped 1 point all evening and finished on 79 and Jay on 72 or possibly 71.

You are clearly working on the assumption that the judges didn't have an agenda. If there was any fix involved it was the judges trying to influence the public to get their favourite over the line. :wink:

The judges criticism of Jay's show dance was very churlish IMO,

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here