Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Strange And Obvious Things You Should Know But Only Found Out Late..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Next time you pick up a guitar, consider the shape of it. It's a metaphor for a woman.

When you play it, you are cradling, or playing, a woman.

I only found this out tonight while watching a re-run of Michael Palin's Brazil.

2nmfgWScI9yXMBnAhSp7AMokpX4.jpg

Edit: I see THPP has beaten me to it.

Being beaten to it is like making love to a beautiful woman....

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
It was only recently found out that "prima donna" is NOT "pre-madonna".

For about 20 years I've been wondering what she did that made her so special

:facepalm::wrong:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The arrow to the side of the petrol pump symbol on your fuel gauge denotes what side your filler cap is on. Only found this out after driving for about 25 years..

I'm 50 and have been driving for 37 years. Last year I found out that there is a little arrow on your fuel gauge that points to the side your fuel cap is. Never knew - always look now each time I go into a petrol station!

The arrow isn’t on every cars fuel gauge, I very much doubt it’s been on every car you have owned or driven, especially cars that were around 20+ years ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even when we win to go 4th in the table MOTD still see fit to put us right down the order

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This year I discovered, after commissioning some work, that if a stone Mason has the temerity to call himself 'monumental' it does not mean that he is actually any good.
The ability to spell properly would help for starters.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've been around over five decades and only last year did I realise that you can avoid finding that pesky bloody instruction leaflet in boxes of drugs by NOT opening the white end of the box.

Bloody hell; I didn’t know that. Will save me some irritation in future. For something that I now know should have been a 50/50 shot, I have historically got far more than my fair share of useless instruction leaflets…

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bloody hell; I didn’t know that. Will save me some irritation in future. For something that I now know should have been a 50/50 shot, I have historically got far more than my fair share of useless instruction leaflets…

See my post #82
I’m not impressed with Tesco now :annoyed:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

None of the drugs I've bought came with instructions :whistle:

I only recently found out home games aren't Pay on the gate :annoyed:

Not really obvious but interesting:

The word Helicopter is actually 2 words joined together and they aren't Heli and Copter

They are Helico meaning spiral and Pter meaning wing.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Yeah, the number on a toaster is not the minutes. I toast mine on 10 and it toasts for about 3 minutes. There is no uniform system, you just have to get used to whichever brand you’ve bought.

And it depends on the type and freshness of the bread being used. And if it is frozen (toasts well straight from the freezer).

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
It was only recently - after watching the show since it was first aired in the 1970s - that I realised that the sentencing judge's voice at the start of Porridge was done by Ronnie Barker!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I didn’t realise for ages that singer Sandie Shaw ‘s name is kind of deliberate pun of course: .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here