Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Strange And Obvious Things You Should Know But Only Found Out Late..

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Certainly strange but not obvious - I have just discovered that the actress Diana Coupland (who played Sid James's wife in 'Bless This House'), was the actual (uncredited) singer of 'Underneath The Mango Tree', in Dr. No, where Ursula Andress appears from the sea.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some definitions say it was used for places with white cliffs in the old days which rules West Brom out the fraudsters.

Seagulls would seem appropriate :thumbsup:

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
The local dialect of the people of Cologne (Koln) is Kolsch ( with two dots above the o) as is the local beer.

The Kolsch dialect has no N so it is pronounced Kulle.

Cologne people not only call their City,beer and dialect by a different name, they can't even pronounce it.:D

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I'm 50 and have been driving for 37 years. Last year I found out that there is a little arrow on your fuel gauge that points to the side your fuel cap is. Never knew - always look now each time I go into a petrol station!

I was about to post this as I had only recently found that out, then looking at the date of this post realised this was probably the source!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oxo cubes can be crushed whilst still in the foil, and then sprinkled into stews etc. I spent years trying to crumble them with my fingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here