Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Strange And Obvious Things You Should Know But Only Found Out Late..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Babies are not born out of ladies' bottoms.

My mum told me they were and I was about 14 before I realised this was a LIE.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
That the smell of poo doesn't always disperse from a bathroom in10 minutes.
When someone says to me ' I wouldn’t go in there for 10 minutes if I was you' I would take their word for it, but yesterday I went in after my wife gave me the 10 minute warning and it still stank, even with the window open.

:lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only a few years ago that I found out that the ...too-wit too-woo... Tawny Owl call is not one bird, but rather a call and response from a female and a male.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Only a few years ago that I found out that the ...too-wit too-woo... Tawny Owl call is not one bird, but rather a call and response from a female and a male.

Birds are sex fiends. Most of the chirping you hear in a morning is them looking for an early shag.

A neighbour of mine asked me why the Magpies are looking so haggard and are acting rather bold at the moment. I explained that this would be the females who have spent summer shagging and are now looking for food to feed their young. Their feathers are ****ed after all the nest making.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Aren't there a few animals that don't generally sound how we think they do. The calls native to hollywood and the surrounding area were used in films regardless of what species of the animal it was or where in the world the scene was set (I think this is at least for frogs).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Birds are sex fiends. Most of the chirping you hear in a morning is them looking for an early shag.

A neighbour of mine asked me why the Magpies are looking so haggard and are acting rather bold at the moment. I explained that this would be the females who have spent summer shagging and are now looking for food to feed their young. Their feathers are ****ed after all the nest making.

Thanks, that's also something I'm just learning then. I did wonder why a lot of magpies are looking really scruffy around the neck and head region at the mo. Thought it was a sickly bird or something as normally they have stunning plummage.

It also took me while to realise a magpie with very short stumpy tail feathers hadn't had an accident but is in fact a fledgling :lol:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

If, when playing Space Invaders, you hit the first spaceship on the 23rd shot it will be the max 300 points...

Then the next ones on the 15th shot and so on to bag the 300 points...

The next wave start again on 23...

Thus you will look cool in the local chippy or seafront arcade

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Aren't there a few animals that don't generally sound how we think they do. The calls native to hollywood and the surrounding area were used in films regardless of what species of the animal it was or where in the world the scene was set (I think this is at least for frogs).

So you're telling me rabbits don't actually sound like Thumper!? :ohmy::cry:

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
The arrow to the side of the petrol pump symbol on your fuel gauge denotes what side your filler cap is on. Only found this out after driving for about 25 years..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here