Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop Cycling up Ditchling Beacon!!!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=27807]Jaguar_uk[/MENTION] another fine post from you sir. You've introduced 'loutishness' the suggestion it's bad for the nation and again the myth of taxation. Not bad for two sentences.

It's the people, not the vehicles that cause the damage. Fair road use for all.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[MENTION=27807]Jaguar_uk[/MENTION] another fine post from you sir. You've introduced 'loutishness' the suggestion it's bad for the nation and again the myth of taxation. Not bad for two sentences.

It's the people, not the vehicles that cause the damage. Fair road use for all.

The irony is that Jaguar uk sponsor the Sky cycling team, provide all their support vehicles and even some of their own staff….

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The irony is that Jaguar uk sponsor the Sky cycling team, provide all their support vehicles and even some of their own staff….

They've even helped in the design of the new Pinnarelo Dogma the team are riding :)

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
And defence and education and welfare and transport and environment and salaries and... ooh, everything. :)

It's easy being pedantic and then perhaps feeling smug, but think his point was that he has paid for the right to use his car on the road, rather than paying for the road itself.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Personally I blame chris boardman it was him who started the Lycra lout movement, now they are everywhere clogging up the roads like cholesterol clogs up arteries.
Time to tax them to make them pay for the misery they cause.

Welcome back Jaguar. I've missed you. :kiss:

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
All cyclists, tractors, horses, horse driven carts, caravans and Smart Cars should be banned from the public Highway with immediate affect, unless they each pay £1000 per year road tax.
Thread closed.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
All cyclists, tractors, horses, horse driven carts, caravans and Smart Cars should be banned from the public Highway with immediate affect, unless they each pay £1000 per year road tax.
Thread closed.

It's great when people say "Thread closed". It lends an air of authority that makes the rest of us sit up and take notice. I for one am full of admiration.

Alongside the humour of the post, and the sensible suggestions therein, this aura of superiority leaves me in awe.

Chapeau.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Chances are the child's parent(s) sets a particularly bad example and the dunderheaded child is just following along.

What can you do :shrug:

Dunderhead child is not how I would describe her Stat and is a poor description of an innocent child.
With any luck she will go on and achieve her potential and good luck to her.
I worry when an old bloke like me worries more than her parents do.

Heebyjeebys

Apr 15, 2013
Surely this should be banned, it's potentially lethal. Pretty much every weekend cars are backed up and forced in to dangerous overtakes. Fair enough for the London to Brighton but I'm seriously thinking about campaigning to stop it happening all year round. Only s matter of time before someone gets badly hurt!

Thank you to this geezer for starting this 2 year debate!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Dunderhead child is not how I would describe her Stat and is a poor description of an innocent child.

Often the case, I'm afraid.

We don't allow children to cycle to the school I work at without a pass in their cycling proficiency and a helmet. It would be great if more children cycled to school, though (or at least walked).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who says I was talking about the girl on the bike :lolol:

Thread open.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This would all be SOLVED if cyclists just paid the TAX like all us motorists do FFS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here