Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop Cycling up Ditchling Beacon!!!!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
My commute to/from work is 3.4 miles. It takes me 30 minutes by bike. If there were no cars on the roads causing hold-ups it would take 10/11 minutes. If this were the other way round, it would be 'terrible' in plenty of drivers' eyes, but this way round it's just accepted. Why?

Why is it that:
Cyclist holding up driver = bad, evil cyclist, but:
Driver holding up cyclist = fair game, to be expected

Why is driving (often alone, with 3 empty seats) a perfectly valid means of transport, but cycling not? A lot of drivers seem to see cycling as solely a hobby, and not actually a valid means of getting someone from A to B.

I realise this thread was started about Ditchling Beacon, so to bring the point home: the OP (I think) mentioned Ditchling Beacon being the only/best road to the Amex. So if I want to cycle to the Amex from the same place, which way should I go?

Apologies if I've missed the same questions being asked earlier in the 26 pages...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
My commute to/from work is 3.4 miles. It takes me 30 minutes by bike. If there were no cars on the roads causing hold-ups it would take 10/11 minutes. If this were the other way round, it would be 'terrible' in plenty of drivers' eyes, but this way round it's just accepted. Why?

Why is it that:
Cyclist holding up driver = bad, evil cyclist, but:
Driver holding up cyclist = fair game, to be expected

Why is driving (often alone, with 3 empty seats) a perfectly valid means of transport, but cycling not? A lot of drivers seem to see cycling as solely a hobby, and not actually a valid means of getting someone from A to B.

I realise this thread was started about Ditchling Beacon, so to bring the point home: the OP (I think) mentioned Ditchling Beacon being the only/best road to the Amex. So if I want to cycle to the Amex from the same place, which way should I go?

Apologies if I've missed the same questions being asked earlier in the 26 pages...

Totally agree

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't want to, like it or lump it :clap:

[emoji468][emoji217][emoji598][emoji597][emoji590][emoji604][emoji602][emoji603][emoji592][emoji600][emoji595][emoji594]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here