Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke team news

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The one left back in the squad at a time rule really has been asking for trouble for quite some time! Maybe there will be an under-23s player coming in for a debut but I agree with everyone else, it'll be Tariq at left back and I'm concerned he's going to be exposed.
I don't think we've got a u23 or loaned out left back who are considered anywhere near the first team squad.

Hopefully Pervis is back soon, but if not, we'll be muddilng through with a combination of Colwill, March, Lamptey and I wouldn't be surprised if RDZ sees this as a chance to get Gross in the team as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Massive massive blow if estupinan is out long term. Don't seem to have any other left back in the squad. Not even a left CB.

Very poor planning.
Any word on timeframe for his injury?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was also Charlton
True, but that was down to the collective Potter-esque failure of our lot to stick the ball in the big white thing, having dominated from start to finish.

I'm not overly concerned at the idea of Lamptey getting "exposed" by anyone at Stoke tbh. If we concede due to that particular scenario, then I will hold my hands up.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Any word on timeframe for his injury?
It was a hamstring problem they said.

ACD3DFD1-60C9-4C2F-B604-61F6D5168FF9.gif

A few weeks upwards seems likely.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We’ve had a shortage of left backs for years now. We didn’t have one at all at the start of last season until Cucurella signed. It’s bizarre that we’ve never brought anyone in as cover for that position.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
-------------------Steele
Veltman---Van Hecke----Dunk----Lamptey
------------Gross----Caicedo
----Buannotte----MacAllister----Sarmiento
-----------------Ferguson

Mitoma, Welbeck, Undav, Webster and some youngsters on the bench.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
-------------------Steele
Veltman---Van Hecke----Dunk----Lamptey
------------Gross----Caicedo
----Buannotte----MacAllister----Sarmiento
-----------------Ferguson

Mitoma, Welbeck, Undav, Webster and some youngsters on the bench.
Out of interest that what you predict or would prefer (re: Gross MacAllister)? I would like to see those 2 reversed

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Out of interest that what you predict or would prefer (re: Gross MacAllister)? I would like to see those 2 reversed
I'm with you, Caicedo - MacA just seems like a seamless partnership. Gross in the no.10 with pace around him and a bit of freedom to try to unlock routes to goal seems the better option to me at least. I felt we lost a little something with them the other way round v Fulham.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Even if March were fit and available, let's not move him to left back from attacking right wing, shall we?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here