Stockdale

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
No keeper can react to a deflection like that. If you've got Player, the commentator for the FL says it was nearly a Stephens og. It parried to Pearce.

I would definitely give him the benefit of the doubt in this case if it was a one off, but I feel something like this has happened an abnormal amount of times this season.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So whats the final verdict then?

A. Stockdale did his best but ultimately it was not his fault

or

B. Another one for the Stockfail scrap book.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I am not anti Stockdale in the slightest but time after time I feel like putting my head in my hands at the points he has cost us. I keep wanting to defend him but it is getting more and more difficult with every mistake

This. I like the bloke and I defended him earlier in the season but there's been too many instances this season where Stockdales been at fault, he's made some good saves too but keepers are there to make saves you expect your keeper to make saves not to make elementary mistakes on a game by game basis. I miss the big poles consistency pre last 6 months of last season to be quite honest.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stockdale appears crappier than what he really is because we don't have any decent strikers scoring goals to offset his cock ups.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
'A' for me too. Not much he could have done following stephen's woeful slice in the six yard box. It just looks clumsy on television. Weak defending by Halford too.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Stockdale appears crappier than what he really is because we don't have any decent strikers scoring goals to offset his cock ups.

What has having crap strikers got to do with all the mistakes Stockdale makes, he really is just an awful keeper who should be playing in the Conference

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
What has having crap strikers got to do with all the mistakes Stockdale makes, he really is just an awful keeper who should be playing in the Conference

Quite a few of the team should be joining him then. Plenty of mistakes being done by this team all over the park. Even in central defence, an area we've tended to be quite consistent in.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
When we have tried to sign outfield players we have been gazumped and lost out but didnt with DS, I wonder why.

Apart from clayton and the lad who went to Milwall. Who else have lost out to lately?
Discount Grabban, that deal looked like a clever stitch up by Bournemouth to sell him on for a greater fee later in the year to Norwich.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

This is true, why in all that is holy is McSmudger still with us,one of the worst signings this club has made and stuck with regardless of how shit he realy is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports