Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale poor again

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Leather it out with his chest. What nobs. Bruno's fault all day long.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Second goal was good placement simple geez...if u r going to moan mention how cheaply we gave the ball to the them

There was a selection of poor things that happened leading to that goal. As we're in a thread discussing Stockdale though his part in it seems worth mentioning :shrug: I may be doing him a bit of a disservice but he seemed to go far too far accross to the near post and made it an easy header. I'll have a look at the highlights when I get in.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd say he might have been slightly at fault on the 2nd. Seemed soft. But not as much for Murphy for giving the ball away cheaply or indeed the whole team for slacking off and sitting back against 10 men. And not at all at fault for the first.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The people saying Stockdale isn't at fault at all for the first goal must be living in dreamland. He is our first choice keeper because he is good with his feet, although it was a needless and stupid ball from Bruno he still had plenty of time to deal with it.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Bruno hasn't made several costly errors this season and atoned for his error by putting our first goal on a plate for Baldock. But yes he wasn't his best today, what's that got to do with Stockdale?

What the **** has today's goal got to do with him? When have you ever seen a full back play an aerial ball back to the keeper from that distance with an opposition forward in close proximity?

Jesus.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'd say he might have been slightly at fault on the 2nd. Seemed soft. But not as much for Murphy for giving the ball away cheaply or indeed the whole team for slacking off and sitting back against 10 men. And not at all at fault for the first.

Looking at the highlights that was my conclusion.

Completely out of position next to the near post for some strange reason.

I like him but he's had a part to play in both goals.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What the **** has today's goal got to do with him? When have you ever seen a full back play an aerial ball back to the keeper from that distance with an opposition forward in close proximity?

Jesus.

You are clueless I'm afraid.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Well happily we can relive the ballsup on the highlights as much as we want, and see if there was any other way this could have ended instead of a goal..
It was an extremely dodgy pass back to him but with luck he would have cleared it. unfortunately he did not get that luck. E.g. chest it down and leather it on the volley, however, when he chested it he made sure it went past the striker but it went too far to volley.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Jesus.
Two opposition forwards in clear proximity..

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What is just as concerning is giving a goal away in injury time for the second successive match. That's not promotion form. And why did Hughton take Baldock off? We had been doing very very nicely thank you in the second half. Why make an unnecessary change? And against ten men in the last ten minutes we should have been pushing forward at every opportunity for a third goal to make the game safe. Instead Stockdale is time-wasting with goal kicks and we're playing crossfield balls. Madness. We threw away two points today. Embarrassing.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It was an extremely dodgy pass back to him but with luck he would have cleared it. unfortunately he did not get that luck. E.g. chest it down and leather it on the volley, however, when he chested it he made sure it went past the striker but it went too far to volley.

Have looked at highlights. The backpass was even worse than seeing it live, however I don't think you can absolve Stockers completely. He could have taken a step back and hoofed it anywhere (IMHO obviously). Don't want to talk about their 2nd goal because he was a bystander really..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bruno hasn't made several costly errors this season and atoned for his error by putting our first goal on a plate for Baldock. But yes he wasn't his best today, what's that got to do with Stockdale?

You must be stupid or were not at the game. It was a terrible ball back to Stockdale from Bruno. They were both culpable in the goal. Apart from that, what else did Stockdale do wrong, bearing in mind he had no chance with the second goal and had nothing else to save!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I am afraid we won't get promoted with Stockdale as first choice keeper , makes too many mistakes that cost us points , should give the Finn a run in the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here