Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My faith is being tested.

Is this any better than Hughton?

Good god YES. OK so we lost and can't score but it's not the DIRE tripe towards the end of last season.

Needs to get a goal scorer out of one of the squad.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
This.

Potter has got us playing the (mostly) attractive football we were all crying out for last season. The problem we have is that we lack a clinical finisher. Maupay will come good I’m sure, but we needed to bring in another proven goal scorer in January that was faster than Murray, and we failed.

If we some how manage to survive this season top priority needs to be a striker. Easier said than done of course.

Potter claimed he was happy with the squad. So are you saying he was wrong Do you think he should have said I need another striker?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well yes, but there was one team who did that today and they’re staying up. It’s just as predictable, we just have the ball a bit more.

.....and created more chances , and more shots on target

Be pissed off all you like but blaming the manager cause the players can’t shoot is a bit silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Potter can't score for them, we created a plethora of chances that should be considered "clear cut" and we failed to score any of them. We've been aware of this problem all season and couldn't get the job done to help the boss in January. The club have failed him.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Potter claimed he was happy with the squad. So are you saying he was wrong Do you think he should have said I need another striker?

Christ on a bike

He’s not going to hang the board out to dry in public telling the press he MUST HAVE striker .

Leave that to Mourinho

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

What was he meant to say? Publicly say the team weren’t good enough? Very motivational strategy...

I imagine Potter had many conversations behind closed doors with those higher up re recruitment that we aren’t privy to.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The club already said they tried to get a striker but what they wanted wasn’t available

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Out of his depth. Constant chopping and changing of personnel and formation is not helping at all, and players are excluded from the 18 one week and are starting the next. Must be hard for the team to build an effective pattern of play, and players on the fringes to get into any kind of form. As Chris Wilder unwittingly let on last week, we're seen as a soft touch. While GP's principles sound great, in reality things that might have worked in the Swedish lower leagues don't appear to work at the highest level.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My criticism of potter is constant line up changes and leaving our technically best MF on the bench and playing him at RB when he does play .

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
What was he meant to say? Publicly say the team weren’t good enough? Very motivational strategy...

I imagine Potter had many conversations behind closed doors with those higher up re recruitment that we aren’t privy to.

Exactly what Barber had told him and Hughton said the previous year
So perhaps Barber and Ashworth need to come to Potters defence and hold their hands up for some criticism

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Thought we played much better today, obviously apart from the finishing.

However that sub, Murray for March was a stinker. We were getting complete control of the game and would have scored soon. Nothing needed to be changed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry, not sure what Potter can do if we squander chances like that today.

For most other teams at home, half decent/competent finishing and you’ve a comfortable 3 points. Manager has us set up creating chances. The fact so many of them couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo is seeing us in real trouble:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I know he is rather dour but he has the attitude that he really doesn't want to be there, maybe that is his normal mannerism but post match it seemed that way to me.
Maybe because he was upset, maybe he knows he is struggling, maybe it's his personal problems, but something seemed very wrong after the match today.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Sorry, not sure what Potter can do if we squander chances like that today.

For most other teams at home, half decent/competent finishing and you’ve a comfortable 3 points. Manager has us set up creating chances. The fact so many of them couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo is seeing us in real trouble:

Who coaches and picks the players who can’t hit a barn door

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here