Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
As every game goes by, I lose more faith.

I would put two points dropped today completely in the bad team selection column.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Strange to start with Duffy, Schelotto, Burn, March and Murray, all who are lacking match fitness.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, we are getting thin on the ground though

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh yes.

Thinking back and (perchance) bravely admitting I was very anti his appointment... MAN I was hurtin’ with and for my soul brother Chris, BUT I remain certain we’re staying up and with relative ease.

Starting with three points at the Lane.

Bring it on.

When it clicks, which it will, we’re going to destroy someone.

Liverpool too will lose to us, I can feel it in my green tea.

We’re going to be the talk of the footballing world for one brief moment!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As every game goes by, I lose more faith.

I would put two points dropped today completely in the bad team selection column.

Not sure the team selection was so bad tbh... It's always easy to say that in retrospect. Selection looked ok before match.
However, it soon became clear we had no ideas to get through 2 defensive banks of 4, and a few players were poor. Potter actually made the right substitutions today, the team that finished today's game is roughly what we should be playing with imho. Maupay and Muzza, Alzate in MF etc. Alireza did ok. I'm not sure Mooy should start against teams that sit deep with 2 defensive lines, he offered very little and had no real creative ideas. He's much better against a team they wants to play, in getting between the lines.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Too much tinkering......four changes today, how can the players settle into any sort of form, when at the back of their mind, they think they might not be playing next game ?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Not sure the team selection was so bad tbh... It's always easy to say that in retrospect. Selection looked ok before match.

Sorry it didn't. Our lot were moaning about the three players' inclusion that ended up being subbed.

The team that ended the game should start the next.

Gross shouldn't be near the team at present. He is so off form and is terrible at defending set pieces.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Should make this a 'sticky' at the moment.

Another match with dominance and plenty of winning chances and opportunities.

Anyone beginning to feel that the problem actually might be the standard of the team ?

Still, in desperation for someone to blame, as we can't do anything about the team, I thought I'd put it back up as a punchbag...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Potter is hopeless and clueless. He’s taking us down. Shocking to give him that extended deal. We have a new Argentinian international and he’s not even putting him on the bench. Wtf.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Said he was shit months ago. I could see how shocking he was.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Potter is hopeless and clueless. He’s taking us down. Shocking to give him that extended deal.

Really ?

He sent a team out that created 24 shots with 8 on target and had the opposing team on the back foot pretty much all game

It’s not his fault the players can’t hit a cows arse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really ?

He sent steam out that created 24 shots with 8 on target and had the opposing team on the back foot pretty much all game

1 win in 14 is not Potter's fault ?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Really ?

He sent a team out that created 24 shots with 8 on target and had the opposing team on the back foot pretty much all game

Look at those 24 shots though! Mainly straight at the keeper.
My only faith in the clueless one is he will take us down! His record would get 99% sacked!

LDseagull

Feb 23, 2020
Not anymore. Doesn't know his best XI, can't expect players to build momentum/confidence when they'll probably be dropped regardless of how well they've played.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Stick with him. Best man for the job.

#together.

I don't give a shit what division we are in.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really ?

Seem to recall Hughton having a similar game against Burnley last year......

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Should make this a 'sticky' at the moment.

Another match with dominance and plenty of winning chances and opportunities.

Anyone beginning to feel that the problem actually might be the standard of the team ?

Still, in desperation for someone to blame, as we can't do anything about the team, I thought I'd put it back up as a punchbag...

It’s always about the team and it’s ability to carry out his instructions.
Some of the problem is the instructions are to play a way with players who are across the board inferior to a lot of the teams we play.
Palace play worse football that we do on the eye score less that we do but get the points they need playing that way. At the moment we are not getting the points we need playing this way mainly due to the inferior players in important areas. We still need a dominants CF and a CM to do what we are doing. I personally think with the right players he could do a very good job but that’s some serious investment required and survival is needed first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here