Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
This is the type of game with CH we would have ground out an ugly win

Like the GP philosophy but points are the only importanr currency

Have to disagree ..was infact thinking the exact opposite.

Felt the introduction of Gross and Murray toward the end of the game brought us back into it and that Hughton would more likely have made another defensive sub at that stage which would have resulted in even more pressure

I don't blame Potter .though think we could perhaps do with one or two more players who can take control of a game in situations like this particularly with a bit more midfield tenacity

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We stayed up last season and that was the most important thing. Or are you happy for us to go down if we play supposedly more attractive football?

The poster said that this was the type of game CH ground out a win in. I responded that actually it was the type of game we lost last year. Therefore, I was implying that we're actually doing a bit better in some respects. Not sure how you have translated that into me being 'happy to go down'?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have read some shit in my time but tonight is a total ****-fest.

Maupay OUT!
Potter OUT!!
Aaron C OUT!!!
Bring back HOUGHTEN!!!!

FFS. :shootself

I'd start a thread about it but, hang on, no that would be as ****ish as all the other bed-melting torrent of old piss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have read some shit in my time but tonight is a total ****-fest.

Maupay OUT!
Potter OUT!!
Aaron C OUT!!!
Bring back HOUGHTEN!!!!

FFS. :shootself

I'd start a thread about it but, hang on, no that would be as ****ish as all the other bed-melting torrent of old piss.

This is the 2nd game in the last 14....14....that we’ve underachieved according to the tracker. Calm down everybody

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is the 2nd game in the last 14....14....that we’ve underachieved according to the tracker. Calm down everybody

Yes.

Are other clubs' boards as flakey as NSC (I don't read them)?

I can only assume those posting tonights shit-shower of blame live on their own, because the very first time their other half declined the generous offer of a shag, they'd be off in a massive sulk, and down the pub MOANING about it to any poor sod who'd listen.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nope. Im out. Fed up with Webster 1st pick. Means a shaky defence (tho wasnt at fault today).
Overlooks FFS continuously and now we are bereft of ideas. We have gone backwards. Emporers new clothes.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Nope. Im out. Fed up with Webster 1st pick. Means a shaky defence (tho wasnt at fault today).
Overlooks FFS continuously and now we are bereft of ideas. We have gone backwards. Emporers new clothes.

I liked Webster at start of season when we played D&D&W as CB with Wing backs. Each one seemed to like going forward, leaving the other 2 to stay at home, and the oppo didn’t expect it. Not repeated much since?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is the type of game with CH we would have ground out an ugly win
QUOTE]

It isn’t at all, it’s exactly the sort of game we would have lost, because we’d have sat back and invited Villa on to us, and then not been able to get back into it once the inevitable Grealish goal came.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Disappointing performance, no need to panic.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
I compare today’s game to Cardiff last year. Which we lost. We were no where near as bad as then and should have won. I always felt we’d lose some we expect to win and vice versa win some no one expects us too. So I am still in. Last 25 mins I felt we were muscled of the ball and that’s one area I’d like sorted. I think we are a bit light weight. I don’t think today was any where near as bad as last years shite against Cardiff and Bournemouth. We’ll know on Tuesday. I can’t believe some of the crap and bed wetting being spouted today. I hate to think what would have happened if we had lost.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No question a disappointing result today. But we need to zoom out, the important thing with these games is not to lose them.

Mooy had quite a flat game today, and I think when he plays well he makes us tick. Leo starts well but fades. Maupay was clearly frustrated at the lack of chances provided.

I don’t think this team is what GP wants, and I expect lots of changes in the summer IF we do stay up.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Very disappointed today but still very much in the Potter IN camp.

A group of guys in the pub tonight were suggesting Potter needs some help from a more experienced manager until the end of the season and surprise surprise Big Sams name kept getting mentioned. Can't believe people suggesting this, albeit probably more in the heat of the moment after a poor performance. Potter will stand or fall on his own, and I for one still think he'll keep us up (but only just).

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
1 win in 8 is very, very poor! He needs to get through this season (starting on Tuesday night) and then radically change the squad with players that have the ability to play his way! It won’t be cheap!
I do fear that we will be playing Saturday, Tuesday next year in the Championship!

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
Very disappointed today but still very much in the Potter IN camp.

A group of guys in the pub tonight were suggesting Potter needs some help from a more experienced manager until the end of the season and surprise surprise Big Sams name kept getting mentioned. Can't believe people suggesting this, albeit probably more in the heat of the moment after a poor performance. Potter will stand or fall on his own, and I for one still think he'll keep us up (but only just).

MOTD "no difference from last season LOL, Potter 6 year contract what a JOKE

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes. We're simply out of form and low on confidence at the moment, he'll turn it around. Still miles better than the end of last season thank goodness.

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
The poster said that this was the type of game CH ground out a win in. I responded that actually it was the type of game we lost last year. Therefore, I was implying that we're actually doing a bit better in some respects. Not sure how you have translated that into me being 'happy to go down'?

At this point we were doing better last season FACT! The whole Potter thing is annoying, any decent manager will face the same challanges we have this year and the previous! GP is no better than CH, If CH had our current front two we would have finished higher in the table as opposed to relying on Murray who we all know passed it some years ago!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] - respectfully, why is this Palace troll allowed to retain his membership of NSC? Just asking.
They are happier to ban Swansman, than ban Timmy, The fairy, Postcode Boy, and Dougie.

Let's ban the real trolls.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They are happier to ban Swansman, than ban Timmy, The fairy, Postcode Boy, and Dougie.

Let's ban the real trolls.

A Palace **** on here posting anti Albion stuff, whilst not openly posting as Palace has always been deemed as trolling and gives rise to a ban. He’s one.

Hopefully [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] will be back very soon.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Our current malaise can't be laid entirely at Potter's door. The squad has not been markedly improved from that which finished 17tn last season. Our strike force has been diluted with the moving on of Andone and Locadia, and Old Father Time having a square go with Murray. Potter cannot work miracles. We are in a remarkably strong division and, as much as I love our determination to put down solid foundations for the future, it seems the board might have lost sight of the need to strengthen right now.

No one person is to blame if we go down. Life's never that simple. The owner, the manager, the players. Hell, even us for being such a bunch of whining malcontents and not really getting behind the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here