Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
That is just astonishing. You'd get rid of someone who has us in a similar position to last year, while playing way better football and building a project and a style of play, 5 months in to the season? And replace him with who?

What are you expecting, Champions League qualification?

exactly. bin potter and then ....... erm...

mindless fukwittery again

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
On points our away form might not look much of an improvement. But think of Newcastle & Palace - when did we dominate games away from home like that in the last two seasons? The fact that our home games include big teams may mean that our 'traditional' place to win points might be harder, but I think we'll pick up far more points away than many predict.

Hopefully at Bramall Lane, as I've just got a ticket....!

Agree. Also, we've played Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea away. By this stage last season we'd only played Liverpool and Man City away, so in theory, our away matches in the second half should yield a better return. We may also have a bigger chance against the top teams at home given the way we've improved already against them (and assuming we can keep the fans on side for longer than 10 minutes).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m still very much a Potter fan and firmly behind him.

However, today was the first time my faith has waivered a little. I thought the starting 11 was wrong and we were incredibly predictable and easy to defend against. As predictable as we were last season.

A front 2 of Maupay and Connolly clearly doesn’t work and it means that Mooy and Alzate, possibly our 2 best players, our shunted out of position and wasted for most of the game.

And then the substitutions were bizarre, a little bit desperate and made the situation worse.

Not a good day.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Very poor first substitution today from which point we were totally on the back foot. Game after game now of shocking defensive errors leading to goals against. Constant changes to players positions. Above all that we look soft as butter throughout the whole squad with very little leadership on the pitch.

Fair to say I’m wavering.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
This is the type of game with CH we would have ground out an ugly win

Like the GP philosophy but points are the only importanr currency

We are in a dogfight -again!

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Very concerned that for all the nice football he's not someone who knows how to grind out the wins at this level. Today really was s must win against very limited opposition and we are starting to run out of 'winnable' home games. Maybe we need to go back to basics and get Duffy and Murray more involved - their absence has made us less resilient.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
So predictable at the moment. We cannot play this shape unless you have full backs who can bomb on down the line. Get crowded out in the middle, ball is forced wide and then eventually it goes sideways/back until we lose it. We've been figured out and I think we might have blown it not getting the points on the board when we were playing much better earlier in the season.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If has been stated he is happy to finish the season with this squad then he is not the manager for me
Playing like this and gaining few points doing it we will be relegated I am sure of it

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
look at Ralph Hassenhutl, he was a dead man walking 3 months ago...... looked finished, something clicked and now he looks amazing.

We can but hope

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This is the type of game with CH we would have ground out an ugly win

Like the GP philosophy but points are the only importanr currency

We are in a dogfight -again!

If we were grinding out wins in these kind of games under CH how did we end up in the situation we were in second half of the season last year? Worrying this this season seems to be going the same way currently. Confidence shot at the moment suddenly . need a win desperately, especially through this run of games.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
look at Ralph Hassenhutl, he was a dead man walking 3 months ago...... looked finished, something clicked and now he looks amazing.

We can but hope
Southampton lost at home today, but it's true they've been very much improved recently.

What we need is to have a similar run of form where it can at least feel like progress is being made. We've had two isolated wins since the start of November, but neither has led to a feeling in the next match that we're in control for long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here