Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well I have to admit this is the most concerned I’ve been since GP has been our coach.

Our confidence has taken a hit, we suddenly can’t play as we did earlier in the season. But i still believe we’ll have enough to stay up. He goes for wins, and I think long term will give us the best chance of points.

Now if we don’t get a result against Villa my confidence will be very different.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well I have to admit this is the most concerned I’ve been since GP has been our coach.

Our confidence has taken a hit, we suddenly can’t play as we did earlier in the season. But i still believe we’ll have enough to stay up. He goes for wins, and I think long term will give us the best chance of points.

Now if we don’t get a result against Villa my confidence will be very different.

Why? After 4 points against Bournemouth and Chelsea we lost one game to Everton, who are way better than us, by one goal and very nearly nicked a point. What’s changed from a couple of weeks ago? Win on Saturday and it will all look rosy again. People saying ‘We really are in a relegation battle now’ - er, so? What were you expecting?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still in balls deep, I am fecking loving this season, stay up or go down it’s been a breath of fresh air and I look forward to every game.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why? After 4 points against Bournemouth and Chelsea we lost one game to Everton, who are way better than us, by one goal and very nearly nicked a point. What’s changed from a couple of weeks ago? Win on Saturday and it will all look rosy again. People saying ‘We really are in a relegation battle now’ - er, so? What were you expecting?

You make a good point.

I think the Sheff Wed felt like a step backwards but I’m forgetting it has zip to do with our relegation battle.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Been really impressed with Potter and his brand of football and as others have said the joy has come back to attending matches

There have been a couple of games where how we have setup to start has not worked but he has quickly spotted this and rectified at half time. That is part of his learning at this level and as that improves we will find more matches we dominate from start to finish

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I love watching them most of the time. We were fab against Bournemouth and for a large part against Chelsea, we changed the formation against Everton and it didn't seem to pay off. We are slightly lower than I would want us to be and about 10 points lower than we deserve to be, we must make sure we pick up at least 7 points from the next 4 games and then we will be fine

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This. FFS.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We are not playing anywhere near as well as we were earlier in the season and we need a bit of fresh impetus. Hopefully there will be a striker signing in the transfer window. Things are very much on a knife edge. Were we to lose to Villa and Bournemouth things will become critical. Win them though and there can be far more confidence for the future.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Definitely still pro Potter.

The very same struggles, entirely different coaches in CH and GP, have had, reveal squad deficiencies.

1. Right back defending weakness against teams with a classy left side (most PL teams).
2. A lack of pace in centre midfield.
3. No centre forward to replace Muzza.
4. Erratic performance levels and a lack of pace from the creators Propper and Gross. Good on their day, other matches pass them by, Propper prone to suicidal mistakes giving rise to costly counter attacks.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We are not playing anywhere near as well as we were earlier in the season and we need a bit of fresh impetus. Hopefully there will be a striker signing in the transfer window. Things are very much on a knife edge. Were we to lose to Villa and Bournemouth things will become critical. Win them though and there can be far more confidence for the future.

I thought Bournemouth was one of our best performances of the season. Just a couple of games back

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One thing I have noticed over the years is that many football fans have a memory span of just one game.

I find it really odd - the last game and the last game only seems to be representative of the entire season to these fans, and also the sole indicator of what's going to happen for the remainder. In reality, every game is played under different circumstances and so it's far more useful to think about the season as a whole, rather than just the last one or two games.

For me, thinking about how great we've been this season, I have absolutely no concerns at all.

We were largely awful against Chelsea (Jahanbakhsh saved the day), Massive and Everton.

It’s not a case one great performance and win, one bad performance and loss. There’s a concern in our form just now.

Should we beat Villa, great. Should were loose, we’re in deep shite for several reasons.

Fine margins now.

And I don’t blame Potter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I still understand what he is trying to do but am not convinced that he will keep us up as I do not think that he has the ammunition. Good to see that he has been forced to bring in Bernardo.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

This is pretty much where I am.

If we stay up this year the future is very bright, with a very exciting summer window potentially (Ben White, Mac Allister etc). I just love Potters style though, so even if we were to go down I’d still back him to take us back.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
One thing I have noticed over the years is that many football fans have a memory span of just one game.

I find it really odd - the last game and the last game only seems to be representative of the entire season to these fans, and also the sole indicator of what's going to happen for the remainder. In reality, every game is played under different circumstances and so it's far more useful to think about the season as a whole, rather than just the last one or two games.

For me, thinking about how great we've been this season, I have absolutely no concerns at all.

It’s bizarre. Are thee people like this with real life as well? Do they quit their jobs after one bad day at work? It’s really strange.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We were largely awful against Chelsea (Jahanbakhsh saved the day), Massive and Everton.

It’s not a case one great performance and win, one bad performance and loss. There’s a concern in our form just now.

Should we beat Villa, great. Should were loose, we’re in deep shite for several reasons.

Fine margins now.

And I don’t blame Potter.

It was Chelsea, one of the best teams in the country. And we weren’t awful at all, just struggled to deal with them, but still managed a point in the end, and could have won it. I don’t understand what people expect, we’re a small team in the Premier League in a relegation battle!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Spunk £20 million on a striker in the January transfer window and this will guarantee safety. **** me this football management is easy.
Our record on buying strikers in January other than Ulloa is not great.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Losing faith. Keeps picking Webster which leads to leaking goals. Can only think its because he is his signing.
Or gives good head.

Emporers new clothes for a (not very good) defender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here