Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH & 1901 Ballot Groups for games in 2020/21 Season

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
OK, that could be it.

Just a shame that there was so much initial noise about Season Ticket direct debits finishing on September 1st and how there would only be 6 payments this season.

Yes, its a bit clunky, but there must be so many permutations, I wasnt expecting a payment(i didnt read the email properly). Im happy to give the club a lot of leeway here, its a nightmare with everything changing almost daily

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Its not that I am concerned about the money or think the club are wrong its just I would like an explanation of the situation rather than just a statement. The club pr is usually better than this because at the moment those who donated last years ST money feel as if they have been penalised this year. The club need to explain if that is not so. One of the problems is thzt the donations wete done some time ago and I dont remember their being an option to use that money as a carry forward for this year.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don't understand either because I thought at the end of last season everyone had to either donate their ticket refunds (to the club or charity) or they received a refund to their bank account so surely everyone's account balance was zero going into this new season?

My friend I sit next to received a refund for last season's tickets and his email said he'd now made six payments and no more would be taken. I donated my money, rather than receive a refund myself, and I have to pay to November.

I understand that it's the size of the pot of money that counts but not why mine is made up of eight payments and other people's only six?

It seems to be only people that donated their money who have to make eight payments so was some balance left in 'the pot' for those that had refunds? Can anyone confirm? I just don't understand but trust the club to get it right!

The option for direct debit payers last season was to donate to the club or to carry it forward to this season

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think the 1901 email says the same thing. Even if we get to the end of season and you have overpaid there will be no refund it will instead be adjusted against your next seasons direct debits.

Interesting point to note - this is the last season of the existing 5 year period. Therefore what happens if you don't renew, presumably then you MUST be entitled to a refund.

It will be interesting to see the 2021/22 ST prices. The cynic in me thinks it is perfectly possible that there is a large hike that will eat in to much of the credit built up this season and last.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Yes I know, but those who didn't got a credit against this year's hence you owe more for this year than others do
I guess this is probable explanation in which case it should of been properly explained in the email and the club should not ever have suggested that all DDs would finish on 1 Sept. Unusually poor communication from the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes I know, but those who didn't got a credit against this year's hence you owe more for this year than others do
It seems that what has happened is that refunds were credited to this year's ticket and were not bank transfers.

Coupled to the indication about season ticket direct debits ending on September 1st after 6 payments - which was confirmed when I spoke to the club - there has been a really unclear message coming out of the club about this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
North Stand Chat is not necessarily a reflection of views of the whole support but I've seen a lot of rumblings on twitter of people that don't understand the DD situation either. I think the club were completely right with their original policy but the world has changed AGAIN.

Even if, and it is a big IF, we are allowed some of the crowd back in, the most is going to be 9,000 and that seems very optimistic. I'm sure it will start lower than that.

If you then build in the ballot fact that you will only get to a third of the remaining games of half a season, so 1/6 of the total season at the very best how they can justify sitting on half of the money?

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't sit well with me. I'm lucky that I can afford this, even though I've suffered a 25% reduction in pay, but I know lots of people who for them this is a real struggle. I can't see any justification for this at all and I think if anyone took this legal they must surely win?

ps) what will the club do for the 1901 ers regarding cup games which are included free in the package and on average we have a year. 2 so far?

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It will be interesting to see the 2021/22 ST prices. The cynic in me thinks it is perfectly possible that there is a large hike that will eat in to much of the credit built up this season and last.

Though if there is a large hike the club could find itself losing a lot of STH's.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It seems that what has happened is that refunds were credited to this year's ticket and were not bank transfers.

Coupled to the indication about season ticket direct debits ending on September 1st after 6 payments - which was confirmed when I spoke to the club - there has been a really unclear message coming out of the club about this.

Unless you donated or asked for a refund I thought it was made quite obvious that your credit would be credited against this season’s ST and the DD reduced accordingly.

Reading your posts it seems like you were asking the club a question, not understanding the answer and then asking a different question on here. Seems like it’s sorted and the club was right. Move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here