Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH & 1901 Ballot Groups for games in 2020/21 Season

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm still looking for the "I don't want to go at all this season" button. I've read about all these ballots and groups and the like but personally I just don't want to go.
Football is meeting like minded people who I see 19 times a year at the Amex, talk for an hour with a few beers and watch a match. It's a social event. Going alone and sitting 4 seats from an unknown person is not for me. Am I the only person who has no idea of the contact details of the 10 people I meet at the ground or the 5 on the coach?
Talking to a Bournemouth ST holder, they are getting refunds after each match if the match is BCD.
And as for payments, I paid up front months ago for a ST I don't intend using for health reasons this season.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those of us who didn't take a payment break and took the refund against this seasons ticket then the totals are below. The last 3 months we've paid of this years season ticket were at a reduce rate, so you are owed whatever was left from last season plus 3 months at the reduced rate and 3 months at normal rate.

For those on the lowest band this is what i've paid

Sept £29.77
Aug £29.77
Jul £29.78
Jun £45.41
May £45.41
April £45.49

Paid for this season - £ 225.63
Previous season owed - £140 (I couldn't find the email confirming what I was owed so I worked out the difference between the two season ticket rates and multiplied by the 9 payments we were supposed to make at that reduced rate to roughly work out what was owed)

Total owed £ 365.63

If my maths is correct (and i'm doing this while getting the kids ready for school), based on a season ticket of £545 or £28.68 a game means I'm owed for 12.74 games. The figures should extrapolate upwards for each price band, so the club owe season ticket holders just under 13 games (not sure how it works out for 1901 members, those who took a payment break or lump sum payers who got refunded back to their band accounts).

Perfect - thanks!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So we have 4 1901 tickets, and 2 STH's in the North Stand. We took the payment holiday, but I have no idea what this means for either in terms of ongoing payments. It is extremely confusing to unravel because I think the 1901 tickets have a different payment period to the STH's?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If my maths is correct (and i'm doing this while getting the kids ready for school), based on a season ticket of £545 or £28.68 a game means I'm owed for 12.74 games. The figures should extrapolate upwards for each price band, so the club owe season ticket holders just under 13 games (not sure how it works out for 1901 members, those who took a payment break or lump sum payers who got refunded back to their band accounts).

I hope your kids didn't get into trouble for being late to school.
Your partner must love you spending time on NSC in the morning.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Of interest (or possibly not) I paid upfront for the entire season and was told "In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.".

Great... so DD members get a payment holiday but I can get mine rolled into next season. What if my circumstances change and a season ticket is not appropriate for me - a £850 (or whatever) credit voucher to spend in the Club shop?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Of interest (or possibly not) I paid upfront for the entire season and was told "In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.".

Great... so DD members get a payment holiday but I can get mine rolled into next season. What if my circumstances change and a season ticket is not appropriate for me - a £850 (or whatever) credit voucher to spend in the Club shop?

Based on what others have said though, if we don't get to any football this season, your balance with the club will be MORE than the cost of a 2021/22 season ticket due to the final games of the 2019/20 season also missed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I think the 1901 email says the same thing. Even if we get to the end of season and you have overpaid there will be no refund it will instead be adjusted against your next seasons direct debits.

Interesting point to note - this is the last season of the existing 5 year period. Therefore what happens if you don't renew, presumably then you MUST be entitled to a refund.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I hope your kids didn't get into trouble for being late to school.
Your partner must love you spending time on NSC in the morning.

Single dad so only the kids to answer to (which is actually more demanding than having a partner, just they go to bed earlier so evenings are nagging free). We live two mins from the school so it's an absolute doddle and I get to browse NSC while the kids are stuffing their breakfast down their throats.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Based on what others have said though, if we don't get to any football this season, your balance with the club will be MORE than the cost of a 2021/22 season ticket due to the final games of the 2019/20 season also missed.

I think people who paid upfront as a lump sum got refunded back to their bank account unless they gave the money to the club/charity for the games missed last season. So in the event of someone not seeing any football this season their season ticket for next season is already paid for. If they do go to games the cost of the match will be knocked off of what they've paid at the rate of 1/19th per game, whatever is left will be discounted against next season. Exactly the same for direct debit payers however people paying in full will have a lot bigger discount towards next season.

If someone doesn't renew next season I don't see how the club can do anything other than refund the money as the tickets were paid for before all the lockdown started. They've already set the precedent by refunding the upfront payers for the missed games last season.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Perfect - thanks!

absolutely spot on and the people that did take a 3month holiday will be paying the same amount for the lowest cat ticket around £366 of the £545 season ticket price.

01-Apr 45.42
Refund 19/20 ST 140.82
01-Aug 44.88
01-Sep 44.84
1st oct 44.84
1st nov 44.84

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Lowest cat ticket work s out at £28ish a game so if we got into 13 meaning stadiums were opening up December (hopeful I know) that would be nothing owed on either side.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I emailed the club and got this reply (I donated last season's match refunds to the club and have not taken a payment holiday) which confirms that it's not how many payments you've made but the size of your pot that counts :) :

"I can confirm that this has not been based on the number of monthly payments having been made but instead we have to ensure that the total amount paid equates to the equivalent of 12 matches. Therefore for the supporters who transferred their balance for the last 5 remaining games of last season and who didn't take a payment holiday then their payments will now be frozen.
Once your total amount paid equates to the 12 matches on your season ticket we shall then freeze further payments. For you, this will be from November.
"

I think I understand...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can I set up more than one group from my friends and family, appreciating that I can only be in one group?

since no one answered I will answer it myself.

Yes, and the process is so, so simple (once you've remembered to sign in).

You just log in again for each subsequent group.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know for a fact I have made 6 direct debit payments for this season already.

I think there is a bug in the date generation of the last payment in that recent email, as it seems to suggest I'll be making 8 payments in total this season.
Looks like I paid my 7th direct debit today.

Now I've got the aggro of having to phone the club. Maybe I'll have time later.

Unlimited joy.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Looks like I paid my 7th direct debit today.

Now I've got the aggro of having to phone the club. Maybe I'll have time later.

Unlimited joy.

The post 2 above yours says the club say it isn't the number of payments but the total amount paid. Check the email the club sent last week with the subject "Important update for season ticket-holders" as that says when the club will be taking your last payment. A lot of people (myself included) have got to pay until 1st November.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The post 2 above yours says the club say it isn't the number of payments but the total amount paid. Check the email the club sent last week with the subject "Important update for season ticket-holders" as that says when the club will be taking your last payment. A lot of people (myself included) have got to pay until 1st November.
Yes, I've talked to the club.

They were very polite and helpful.

Apparently because I donated last year's ticket money back to the club, I have to make 8 direct debits not 6 ( which if I'd not donated would have been the case ).

This makes absolutely no sense to me, but what can you do ? Take it on the chin.... even though it seems like a penalty for waving the refund last year :shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes, I've talked to the club.

They were very polite and helpful.

Apparently because I donated last year's ticket money back to the club, I have to make 8 direct debits not 6 ( which if I'd not donated would have been the case ).

This makes absolutely no sense to me, but what can you do ? Take it on the chin.... even though it seems like a penalty for waving the refund last year :shrug:

You gifted money to the club and now you are wanting it back?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You gifted money to the club and now you are wanting it back?
No.

Why is this hard to understand ?

I gifted last season's money back.

Because of this I now have to pay 8 of this season's direct debits instead of 6.

I won't be giving back any refund for this year. Once bitten etc.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I am very confused by this. I have also got 1 Nov ddate having donated to club and AITC while my wife has 1 Sept having done nothing! I have emailed the club but if I get the same answer as above it seems like I am being penalised for helping the club out last season. Perhaps I am being thick but I dont understand.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am very confused by this. I have also got 1 Nov ddate having donated to club and AITC while my wife has 1 Sept having done nothing! I have emailed the club but if I get the same answer as above it seems like I am being penalised for helping the club out last season. Perhaps I am being thick but I dont understand.
Please let me know what they say.

I couldn't believe what I was told on the phone, and genuinely still think the person I was speaking to didn't actually get what my point was.

It just seems incredibly odd to charge more direct debits to people who helped the club out. Still baffled by it tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here