Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I will have a think about the vote, but I will say I love 'Catch Me If You Can'. It's the only film he's been in that I haven't thought, "Leonardo DiCaprio, what a ****".

Praise indeed!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Schlinders List for me, but only fractionally from Raiders as I love Indy, and that is the best of the bunch.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Raiders of the Lost Ark or Saving Private Ryan. I voted SPR just because it's got more guns and Nazis in it. Never got round to seeing Schindlers List.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another vote for Schindlers here. When we went to Krakow we paid a visit to the factory.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In terms of "f*** ME look at that !" special effects, I don't think I've ever seen a film take such a giant leap forward as Jurassic Park. That genuinely gave me something I had never seen before in cinema. Terminator 2 paved the way with innovative CGI, and what an amazing cinema experience THAT was. The Abyss water tentacle was also a great early example. But JP had my jaw on the floor, the effects were truly startling, it took it to a whole new level and it still looks superb now.

That pioneered CGI effects and set the standard as far as I'm concerned, so although it might not be the most engaging in terms of narrative, story, charactarisation etc, its still his greatest triumph for me because it heralded a new age in movie special effects.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
For all the good work he's done, IJ - The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull undoes it all.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Only ever seen 3 of those films and didn't realise one of them was his.
To TBF I don't give a f*** , not really a film person. Too much do do in life to look at a screen for 1- 2 hours at a time.
Why isn't Shaving Private Ryan on there?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thnk everyone for their votes and feedback. I declare the result to be

1. Schindler's List 23
2. Saving Private Ryan 17
3. Jaws 14
4. ET - The Extraterrestrial 8
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark 6
6. Catch me if you can 5
6. Duel
8. Jurassic Park 4
9. AI - Artificial Intelligence 3
9. Close Encounters of the Third Kind 3

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

War Horse will be overated sentimental tosh.

Best you miss it TB. If you have that expectation , that is what you will find. I think you are right, it will be sentimental, but the source material , the book and then the stage show were sentimental , so its not a shocker that Spielberg's War Horse is going to be sentimental is it ?. Sentimental to me is NOT a bad thing, if done well. Infact it is a good thing. As to whether it will be " overrated sentimental tosh ", I am sure you will find that to be the case as you have decided that already so would not go into the cinema with an open mind and heart. Best to save your money mate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thnk everyone for their votes and feedback. I declare the result to be

1. Schindler's List 23
2. Saving Private Ryan 17
3. Jaws 14
4. ET - The Extraterrestrial 8
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark 6
6. Catch me if you can 5
6. Duel
8. Jurassic Park 4
9. AI - Artificial Intelligence 3
9. Close Encounters of the Third Kind 3

What the hell?
Firstly, when you run a poll, you set the parameters, including when it closes. This one has NOT closed.

More importantly, the film currently voted into SECOND place in YOUR poll, is for some reason left out completely of your 'declared result'. Absolutely typical of you - completely blind to any opinions but your own, particularly (but certainly not exclusively) on the subject of cinema.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What the hell?
Firstly, when you run a poll, you set the parameters, including when it closes. This one has NOT closed.

More importantly, the film currently voted into SECOND place in YOUR poll, is for some reason left out completely of your 'declared result'. Absolutely typical of you - completely blind to any opinions but your own, particularly (but certainly not exclusively) on the subject of cinema.

FFS calm down will you. The poll has been voided as there is clearly a rigged vote for Hook. I did not comment on it but it is obvious that Hook would not come 2nd especially with 21 votes. Its a shame as I was happy to let the poll run but if it is spoiled , the result is no longer reliable, therefore I decided to pull the plug on it and rely on the genuine votes I had at the time to declare a result. If you are so upset with this you are quite free to do your own poll.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Saving Private Ryan. I remember coming out of the cinema feeling almost shell shocked at the assault on the senses that some of those scenes delivered.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Schindler's List for me, did you know Liam Neeson got the part because he was good at making lists?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports