Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FFS calm down will you. The poll has been voided as there is clearly a rigged vote for Hook. I did not comment on it but it is obvious that Hook would not come 2nd especially with 21 votes. Its a shame as I was happy to let the poll run but if it is spoiled , the result is no longer reliable, therefore I decided to pull the plug on it and rely on the genuine votes I had at the time to declare a result. If you are so upset with this you are quite free to do your own poll.

I don't understand?

Did you have a list of films on the poll, for which any votes didn't 'really' count? Why include them on the poll at all, if you'd decided in advance that in YOUR opinion they were disbarred, from being considered the 'greatest'?

Which other films are not to be considered? Raiders was ostensibly a kids' film - why do votes for that count, but not votes for Hook?

Uncle Spielberg? More like Uncle Mugabe.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I voted ET because it's unlike any other film I'd seen before or since.

I think the mixed reviews for War Horse are possibly coming from people who saw it at the theatre, which is a very different and arguably more intense experience, with which cinema can't compete.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't understand?

Did you have a list of films on the poll, for which any votes didn't 'really' count? Why include them on the poll at all, if you'd decided in advance that in YOUR opinion they were disbarred, from being considered the 'greatest'?

Which other films are not to be considered? Raiders was ostensibly a kids' film - why do votes for that count, but not votes for Hook?

Uncle Spielberg? More like Uncle Mugabe.

Behave hans, it is clear there is a rigged vote going for Hook. That is OBVIOUS, so the poll is no longer reliable. That is clear to everyone except you , but it gave you a reason to be personal and attack me as a person for some reason, do I know you ffs ?, did I spill your pint one day, you know f*** all about me as a person. Its a shame as I was enjoying the feedback and discussion but it was sensible for 4 hours and I was surprised it lasted that long tbh as this is NSC after all.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
FFS calm down will you. The poll has been voided as there is clearly a rigged vote for Hook. I did not comment on it but it is obvious that Hook would not come 2nd especially with 21 votes. Its a shame as I was happy to let the poll run but if it is spoiled , the result is no longer reliable, therefore I decided to pull the plug on it and rely on the genuine votes I had at the time to declare a result. If you are so upset with this you are quite free to do your own poll.

I voted Hook after having read an interview with Spielberg about how difficult it had been to make and the issues that it deals with. It was also the one Spielberg always wanted to make having directed a play about it at just 12 years old. He tried and failed for years to get it working before he made the film. So thanks for starting a poll and then telling everyone how they shouldn't vote.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I voted Hook after having read an interview with Spielberg about how difficult it had been to make and the issues that it deals with. It was also the one Spielberg always wanted to make having directed a play about it at just 12 years old. He tried and failed for years to get it working before he made the film. So thanks for starting a poll and then telling everyone how they shouldn't vote.

I give up if you cannot see what is going on. As usual NSC starts off well and decends into total farce. Well done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Behave hans, it is clear there is a rigged vote going for Hook. That is OBVIOUS, so the poll is no longer reliable. That is clear to everyone except you ,but it gave you a reason to be personal and attack me as a person for some reason, do I know you ffs ?, did I spill your pint one day, you know f*** all about me as a person. Its a shame as I was enjoying the feedback and discussion but it was sensible for 4 hours and I was surprised it lasted that long tbh as this is NSC after all.

If the poll is unreliable, how can you 'declare a winner'?

please answer the VERY SIMPLE question; why is it that a vote for one kids' film Raiders of the Lost Ark counts as 'genuinne', but a vote for another is considered void?

Because it doesn't fit with your pre-concieved idea of what the result should be?

Astonishing.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Boo - Hook was a modern day masterpiece, I loved the little flying pixies and the skateboards, beats storming the beaches at Normandy any day of the week.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Oh Gareth. You can do what you like with the results - it's your project.

Keep the poll going, take the positive comments and insights (there are plenty) and ignore the critics. I'm sure your namesake and hero has done plenty of that in his time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jaws - brilliant direction, utterly chilling throughout the first half, and the way he develops the character relationships is not something you ever see from him these days
Close Encounters - what [MENTION=374]Man of Harveys[/MENTION] said, so not going to elaborate.
Minority Report - in my view, a totally under-rated film. Not the best, but very very good.

As has been said, the opening half hour of Saving Private Ryan really was sensational. I'm not so impressed with Jurassic Park though, an annoyingly woolly story saved by sensational ahead of its time CGI.

He got a lot right in ET, Schindlers List and War of the Worlds, but why can't Spielberg do complex characters any more, in the way he used to, or similarly script a film that doesn't neatly wrap everything up, but instead leaves his audience provoking questions? He seems to spoon feed you with "this guy is a GOOD guy and this guy is a BADDIE" all the way through, or wrap up a feel good film with such a watertight feel good ending. His films would be more satisfying if he could trust his audience to deal with issues such as "sometimes, not everything works out" or "people are complex, and not always entirely good or bad". War of The Worlds could have been sensational if he'd ended the film with a bit more craft.

(And I accidentally voted for Hook, so you can take one off and add it to Jaws if you like)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am doing some research for a project I am starting this year. I would be most grateful if you could tell me which your consider to be Spielberg's finest work.

Just seen this - happy to make it a sticky for you Gareth and good luck with the project.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I give up if you cannot see what is going on. As usual NSC starts off well and decends into total farce. Well done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a crock of shit. Have you asked the mods if there's been any new accounts started just so people can vote for a film? You're the one who turned it into a farce. What is it with you? Why can't you just act like a normal person?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just seen this - happy to make it a sticky for you Gareth and good luck with the project.

Thanks Bozza but its all gone pear shaped mate.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a crock of shit. Have you asked the mods if there's been any new accounts started just so people can vote for a film? You're the one who turned it into a farce. What is it with you? Why can't you just act like a normal person?

It is my opinion the poll has been invalidated with a rigged vote for Hook. Anyone who knows anything about films will know this to be the case. It not the end of the World. Time to move on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the mixed reviews for War Horse are possibly coming from people who saw it at the theatre, which is a very different and arguably more intense experience, with which cinema can't compete.
An interesting theory Kay, and I suspect you're right.

I've seen it at the theatre and am not keen on seeing it in the cinema although I feel I ought to. That position is clearly going to cloud how I view the film...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If the poll is unreliable, how can you 'declare a winner'?

please answer the VERY SIMPLE question; why is it that a vote for one kids' film Raiders of the Lost Ark counts as 'genuinne', but a vote for another is considered void?

Because it doesn't fit with your pre-concieved idea of what the result should be?

Astonishing.

People are free to continue to vote and give feedback as it is appreciated. Raiders is not a kids film anyway. Suddenly Hook went from no votes after a long time to about 20, anyone that studies polls knows this is called a rigged vote, to get 20 votes for 1 film to the exclusion of all others. Its my opinion the poll is invalidated. I thank Simster for his intelligent feedback and eveyone who has had an interesting debate before it all descended into chaos. Have a good day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People are free to continue to vote and give feedback as it is appreciated. Raiders is not a kids film anyway. Suddenly Hook went from no votes after a long time to about 20, anyone that studies polls knows this is called a rigged vote, to get 20 votes for 1 film to the exclusion of all others. Its my opinion the poll is invalidated. I thank Simster for his intelligent feedback and eveyone who has had an interesting debate before it all descended into chaos. Have a good day.

I'm lost. Hook has 20 votes from 131. How is that to the exclusion of all others?

And of course the Indiana Jones films are kids' films. What a daft thing to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here