Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. Schindler's List 7
2. Saving Private Ryan 6
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark 3

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Ralph Fiennes losing to Tommy Lee Jones for the fugative is generally considered to be one of the greatest Oscar screw ups off all time. Neeson could well have got a statue and Knigsley was magnificent as well.

Fiennes was superb - The bit where he is shooting the prisoners from his house and his love for Helen still sends a shiver down my spine when I watch it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Haven't seen all of them, but hope to see War Horse soon.

Hook stands out as the only crap film.

I liked Hook but then I would say that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It looks like it is 3 horse race.

1. Schinder's List 10
2. Saving Private Ryan 8
3. Jaws 7

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't believe only 1 vote vote for Close Encounters.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Close Encounters is a simply brilliant piece of film-making and deserves more votes here. It's funny, poignant, thrilling and mildly scary in places - well slightly sinister anyway. IMHO he's never equalled it since sadly: the cheap emotion rather took over after that.

Any director who can make the scene with the air traffic controller as gripping as it is, when it's basically a bloke and a computer screen, knew what he's doing. I wish he'd kept his 70s edge.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Think if Munich had been included it may have picked up some votes. That bit where they kill the naked woman on the barge with a bicycle pump is perfect Speilberg. Just before she collapses dead she manages one last stroke of her pussy!- a touching moment indeed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Close Encounters is a simply brilliant piece of film-making and deserves more votes here. It's funny, poignant, thrilling and mildly scary in places - well slightly sinister anyway. IMHO he's never equalled it since sadly: the cheap emotion rather took over after that.

Any director who can make the scene with the air traffic controller as gripping as it is, when it's basically a bloke and a computer screen, knew what he's doing. I wish he'd kept his 70s edge.

I agree Col. I don't agree on the cheap emotion. This is Spielberg. He wears his heart on his sleeve and I love him for that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Think if Munich had been included it may have picked up some votes. That bit where they kill the naked woman on the barge with a bicycle pump is perfect Speilberg. Just before she collapses dead she manages one last stroke of her pussy!- a touching moment indeed.

My f*** up but I don't think it would be challenging the 3 big hitters. Maybe 2 or 3 votes,

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

One of my favourite films. I still do that thing with my mashed potato to this day.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

This was a pivatol moment in the film. When he covered her up and the Man revealed her again it was a statement that they had lost all soul, respect for themselves. Bana has never been better. Its a film about a Man/Men losing their humanity and carrying out an agenda they did not believe in , in the end. Again Spielberg uses the backdrop of the twin towers at the end , in the background with the 2 men saying, where will this all end ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
War Horse will be classic Spielberg. It WILL be sentimental like the book and film so if you do not like this aspect of Spielberg it probably isn't for you. I have a feeling I will love it. I Plan to see it, first showing on Friday as this is the Spielberg I love. Imdb has , I think a disapointing 7.6 but Close Encounters got 7.8 and ET 7.9 so what do they know ?

War Horse is basically a film around a Horse showing the futility of War.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went for SPR.
But am glad Catch has a couple of votes.

Even though it's lite and perhaps a fluffy, in parts. There's denying it's a quality film with some great performances.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Schindler's List pulling away. It is no surprise. It is his finest work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here