Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In all seriousness Gareth, will you be able to let those who are interested see the final project?

Can I also say that I think Hook is absolute turd and one of the worst films ever made considering it's budget?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In all seriousness Gareth, will you be able to let those who are interested see the final project?

Can I also say that I think Hook is absolute turd and one of the worst films ever made considering it's budget?

I hope to get the project published so yes, a bit of a pipe dream but something I have always wanted to do. In one chapter I am dedicating it to peoples quotes and comments and poll results," , hence this thread, ," NSC will always be remembered for the only poll that voted Hook the winner " but hey, ho. Can I quote you on " Hook is absolute Turd " ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hope to get the project published so yes, a bit of a pipe dream but something I have always wanted to do. In one chapter I am dedicating it to peoples quotes and comments and poll results," , hence this thread, ," NSC will always be remembered for the only poll that voted Hook the winner " but hey, ho. Can I quote you on " Hook is absolute Turd " ?

Hook hasn't won though, has it - you set this poll up with a deadline of 6th February. Presumably you did that for a reason?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Call me a pyshic but I have a hunch Hook is going to win don't you Bozza ?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Just finished watching War Horse. Overly sentimental dulled down load of old kiddie tosh. Couldn't accept the German and French characters speaking English for no apparent reason and I couldn't help making comparisons with Inglorious Bastards, which is an infinitely superior film in every aspect.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just finished watching War Horse. Overly sentimental dulled down load of old kiddie tosh. Couldn't accept the German and French characters speaking English for no apparent reason and I couldn't help making comparisons with Inglorious Bastards, which is an infinitely superior film in every aspect.

Fair enough mate :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In fairness to Spielberg in this particular case, Warhorse IS the film adaptation of a sentimental childrens' book.

Thanks hans. It may have passed the poster by but War Horse was never going to be in a similar vein to Inglorious Bastards. I don't think that was the authors intention when he wrote the book 20 years ago for children. The book was sentimental, the stage show was sentimental so its hardly going to be a shock that the film will be sentimental as it is based on the source material. Thats why I just didn't bother even commenting on his post as it is too ridiculous to even respond to. I expect a whole heap of posts in the next week or two saying War Horse is the biggest piece of shit ever and it was hardly shock of the year, the first post in, said it was shit. I don't really care as I am seeing it tomorrow and can't wait.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
tough one Jaws is one of my all time favourite films but Saving Private Ryan was an awsome film have plump for Saving

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
In fairness to Spielberg in this particular case, Warhorse IS the film adaptation of a sentimental childrens' book.

Ahhh that explains a few things. I still don't know why he had to have the French and Germans all speaking English though. That's why I made comparisons with Inglorious Basterds, which had the original languages with subtitles and was much better for it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ahhh that explains a few things. I still don't know why he had to have the French and Germans all speaking English though. That's why I made comparisons with Inglorious Basterds, which had the original languages with subtitles and was much better for it.

I think he did this to make the film more accessible you younger viewers so they would come along and get an insight into the horrors of War and let them know what happened. I maybe wrong but I do not believe the stage show had the actors speaking in German either. The same with Schindler's List.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think he did this to make the film more accessible you younger viewers so they would come along and get an insight into the horrors of War and let them know what happened. I maybe wrong but I do not believe the stage show had the actors speaking in German either. The same with Schindler's List.

If Spielberg wants young viewers to get an idea about the horrors of War then stick them in front of the first half hour of Saving Private Ryan. They'll learn sweet FA from the battle of the Somme represented ala The A-team!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agree that the first twenty minutes are completely harrowing. There is one small scene that has troubled me ever since watching it in the cinema and more recently on d v d. Its the part where an American soldier is shot in the head whilst wearing his helmet and then takes it off to examine it. Subsequently he is shot in the head again and obviously without the helmet we get full brain blow out explosion. This- for me anyway- took away from the reality of the battle for a short moment almost adding an element of black humour. Not sure what the directors intention was but would be interested to know.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agree that the first twenty minutes are completely harrowing. There is one small scene that has troubled me ever since watching it in the cinema and more recently on d v d. Its the part where an American soldier is shot in the head whilst wearing his helmet and then takes it off to examine it. Subsequently he is shot in the head again and obviously without the helmet we get full brain blow out explosion. This- for me anyway- took away from the reality of the battle for a short moment almost adding an element of black humour. Not sure what the directors intention was but would be interested to know.

That bit made me laugh (well, snort). I also remember there being two men shooting at each other from close range a la naked gun, and so I just haven't ever been as impressed with that scene as everyone else seems to.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That bit made me laugh (well, snort). I also remember there being two men shooting at each other from close range a la naked gun, and so I just haven't ever been as impressed with that scene as everyone else seems to.

Glad it was not just me then

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Spielberg wants young viewers to get an idea about the horrors of War then stick them in front of the first half hour of Saving Private Ryan. They'll learn sweet FA from the battle of the Somme represented ala The A-team!

I agree but as its a 15, no one under 15 would have seen it at the cinema.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here