• Duel

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Possibly because the poll was the films he directed ? Think about it.

You missed:

2005 Munich (which at least one poster was wanting to vote for)
1983 Twilight Zone: The Movie (segment 2)
1973 Savage (TV movie) (Duel is listed as a TV Movie, and you've included that)
1972 Something Evil (TV movie)
1964 Firelight

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I f***ed up with Munich but I don't think anyone would have seen the others as they were not theatrical releases, apart from 2. I have not seen them and as a Spielberg nut would love to, if you can show me, apart from 2 , which I saw and was not great.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Oh Dear

I like my films and am quite happy to bore for England about my favourite film makers (from John Ford via Powell & Pressburger to Ridley Scott) so had hoped this would be a serious thread.

Instead of this being a discussion about Spielberg's Films it has become a quite nasty personal attack upon the original poster by pissing around with his Poll.

Some people clearly have another agenda which as I don't actually know any of you I cannot comment on except to say my wife was the Head of an Infants School and it is all very reminiscent of typical playground bullies behaviour.

I have no axe to grind but really some of you have way too much time on your hands and are rather sad and sour personalities if you think this sort of thing is amusing.... :nono:

"Nasty personal attacks"? I withdraw the numpty comment (although it was used as a reply to the question 'am I a numpty'? from US) but I do think he is ignorant if he chooses to discount what I consider to be a valid opinion without giving a reason for it. I also think he's paranoid if he thinks I am deliberately saying Hook just out of spite and as for the hyper-sensitive any person who claims this thread shows blind hatred is clearly showing symptoms of that.

So put up or shut up. Who's the villains here? Come on, Name names and give examples. And in the meantime it seems you're perfectly happy for me to be accused of being part of some larger conspiracy against him and also to be told that my views don't count.

I don't think it's just me with too much time on my hands if that's the state of play as you see it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh Dear

I like my films and am quite happy to bore for England about my favourite film makers (from John Ford via Powell & Pressburger to Ridley Scott) so had hoped this would be a serious thread.

Instead of this being a discussion about Spielberg's Films it has become a quite nasty personal attack upon the original poster by pissing around with his Poll.

Some people clearly have another agenda which as I don't actually know any of you I cannot comment on except to say my wife was the Head of an Infants School and it is all very reminiscent of typical playground bullies behaviour.

I have no axe to grind but really some of you have way too much time on your hands and are rather sad and sour personalities if you think this sort of thing is amusing.... :nono:

Thanks. What started as an intelligent and interesting debate turned into an utter farce. Its a shame but thats the way with NSC now. I guess I was, fair game, for reacting to a quite obvious scewing of the poll but I took this debate and poll seriously and loved to have reasoned debate amoungst NSC about a subject very close to my heart but I guess that was too much to ask for. As for the bullying, well, yes it is, but I am old enough and ugly enough to expect nothing else, not from NSC anyway.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
"Nasty personal attacks"? I withdraw the numpty comment (although it was used as a reply to the question 'am I a numpty'? from US) but I do think he is ignorant if he chooses to discount what I consider to be a valid opinion without giving a reason for it. I also think he's paranoid if he thinks I am deliberately saying Hook just out of spite and as for the hyper-sensitive any person who claims this thread shows blind hatred is clearly showing symptoms of that.

So put up or shut up. Who's the villains here? Come on, Name names and give examples. And in the meantime it seems you're perfectly happy for me to be accused of being part of some larger conspiracy against him and also to be told that my views don't count.

I don't think it's just me with too much time on my hands if that's the state of play as you see it.

I addressed your points above Joey, and respected your opinion.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

It was a personal attack so filled with hatred and confontation it was impossible to have a debate with you.

Last edited:

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Don't forget about this Joey.

intolerant , paranoid, hyper-sensitive

Yes. I clearly addressed each one of those and said why. Can you not see them? They're all there in that quote. In case you can't I'll say it again. You are in my opinion being intolerant because you choose not to take into account what some people say. You are in my opinion being paranoid because you think there's a conspiracy to sabotage a thread on NSC (and I'm supposed to be party to this) and you have used the words 'blind hatred' to describe the feelings of these mystery saboteurs have for you. In my opinion it shows hyper-sensitivity.

Is any of that being nasty? Is any of what I have just written unreasonable? Am I in some sort of parallel universe where I have to justify my views to much greater scrutiny than you who still haven't given me one decent reason why Schindler's List is better than Hook.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes. I clearly addressed each one of those and said why. Can you not see them? They're all there in that quote. In case you can't I'll say it again. You are in my opinion being intolerant because you choose not to take into account what some people say. You are in my opinion being paranoid because you think there's a conspiracy to sabotage a thread on NSC (and I'm supposed to be party to this) and you have used the words 'blind hatred' to describe the feelings of these mystery saboteurs have for you. In my opinion it shows hyper-sensitivity.

Is any of that being nasty? Is any of what I have just written unreasonable? Am I in some sort of parallel universe where I have to justify my views to much greater scrutiny than you who still haven't given me one decent reason why Schindler's List is better than Hook.

Its obvious Joey what has gone on here so there is no reason to debate it further or take up any more of our time.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Purely coincidentally, this was in a thread on another forum I frequent. It's a video essay on 'The Spielberg Face'...

[yt]VS5W4RxGv4s[/yt]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good grief. I've just revisited this thread, and seen Gareth's later comments.

'Hatred'? Seriously?

If somebody likes different films to you, it doesn't mean they HATE you. It means they have different taste in films. For heaven's sake.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Every post US starts ends in a binfest

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm completely baffled. Who rigged the vote? And how?

NSC is the home of poll rigging. We are brilliant at it. But there is always evidence left behind. Where is the evidence that this rig actually occurred?

I have the answer it was Runrig

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
It was a personal attack so filled with hatred and confontation it was impossible to have a debate with you.

I don't accept that at all. I have asked numerous times for you to explain to me how Schindler's List is a better film than Hook because I have explained numerous times why I prefer Hook and practically begged you to actually give some sort of informed critique. I'm asking you again for some sort of explanation.

'so filled with hatred and confrontation' - I think you're being very very paranoid now. I seem to recall you've done this before on a film thread. There was a chap on here who was a bit of a film critic and you managed to turn his contra-opinion of a film into some perceived personal attack on you but not before you had started name-calling.

Why would I hate you? I don't even know you. I hate few things in life: Crystal Palace, tomato soup, slugs and people who drop litter. And that's about it. If it's true that every thread you start turns into an argument then maybe the blame might not entirely lay with other people.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm completely baffled. Who rigged the vote? And how?

NSC is the home of poll rigging. We are brilliant at it. But there is always evidence left behind. Where is the evidence that this rig actually occurred?

No, your right again Ed, its completely in my mind.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Feel free to stick this with the " Desert Orchid is dead " thread for everyone to have a good old laugh whenever they want. Thanks for the serious input. I will now apply for Mastermind and start my project. No point in dragging things out anymore.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Feel free to stick this with the " Desert Orchid is dead " thread for everyone to have a good old laugh whenever they want. Thanks for the serious input. I will now apply for Mastermind and start my project. No point in dragging things out anymore.

Good luck with the project, and with Mastermind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here