Steve Sidwell has signed - *Official*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Check out the SINGING today thread - I genuinly WAS ITK on this OBVIOUS transfer today from TWO different SAUCES #gingerday

Are you after a bloody medal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly he enjoys lying face down:-

sidwell221006_407x450.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Well Harty knows how to drive a forklift, so perhaps something at Lancing.

Mayo had a job as a lounge host but chucked it.

Couldn't we upgrade Harty to the coach driver :moo:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A good signing but I'm disappointed it's only a loan.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Really pleased with this move. More experience and options in a position where we are strong in terms of first choice but maybe a little short of quality in terms of backup. Crofts is doing okay but there's always the worry about how much impact those two major injuries had on him. Towell is unproven at this level and Ince doesn't seem to be in form at the moment.

Alongside this, both Kayal and Stephens have shown signs of tiredness recently and could both reach 10 bookings this season, which would rule them out of a couple of games. Very wise move. Now just need a striker and it will be a great window (although think it's been pretty good already)!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Check out the SINGING today thread - I genuinly WAS ITK on this OBVIOUS transfer today from TWO different SAUCES #gingerday

The only sauces you have are in your fridge. It's all guess work on the hope that you get it right and everyone gives you a big clap. #lookatme

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Too many loan players?

I seem to remember some talk (Lua Lua?) earlier in the season of how good it was to have a squad free from loan players as this supposedly unsettled existing players (bless) and compromised team morale ... :shrug: As we know some 'professional' footballers can be precious, delicate little flowers.

Obviously numerous injuries have forced us into the loan market hopefully any resentment or bruised ego's won't have a negative impact on the pitch.

A good signing on paper hope his performances live up to expectations and he settles in quickly.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I seem to remember some talk (Lua Lua?) earlier in the season of how good it was to have a squad free from loan players as this supposedly unsettled existing players (bless) and compromised team morale ... :shrug: As we know some 'professional' footballers can be precious, delicate little flowers.

Obviously numerous injuries have forced us into the loan market hopefully any resentment or bruised ego's won't have a negative impact on the pitch.

A good signing on paper hope his performances live up to expectations and he settles in quickly.

This isn't a signing to cover injuries or to fill a hole. We didn't need another central midfielder but we have signed a decent one because he was available to us and he will improve our squad

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This isn't a signing to cover injuries or to fill a hole. We didn't need another central midfielder but we have signed a decent one because he was available to us and he will improve our squad

Quite right I was also referring to our other loanees and the cumulative effect. Hopefully they will all gel and any further signings will be on a permanent basis.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Has he played at all for Stoke this season? He's probs gonna need a while to get up to match fitness.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Another very good signing if true.

Well even if we don't make it this season, I applaud PW and the recruitment team for a massively improved performance from the debacle of the DB days.
Last year I only wanted to sigh when another useless loan was announced, this year everything is quality.:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports