Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cotterill: "We woz robbed"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
More and more disliking cotterill. Awful league 1 and desperate tactics from a team destined for the bottom of the pile Come May.

Absolutely this.

Feel sorry for them? Feck 'em. Shocking time wasting, cheating and gamesmanship at every opportunity. Cotteril should be looking at his 'tactics' instead of his bullshit claim that they should have won 5-2. Hope he takes them straight back down.

And that.

Brizzle were a horrible, niggly, dirty, snidey time-wasting bunch of anti-footballers, and I'm bloody glad we beat them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cotteril : " If we taken our chances we could of won 5-2 "
Seriously, when has Cotterill ever said anything other than his team should have won. He does it every match, it's almost a catchphrase.

I absolutely love it when teams which timewaste from an early minute get beaten in the end :rock:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought they were very poor and a true example of a Steve Cotterell team that will be fighting relegation all season. As regards the penalty Freeman had already gone down before he was tackled but I am glad the ref saw it, one of his few correct decisions. Should have booked their numbers 4 and 17 after about 5 mins both were a total disgrace. Nobody listens to Cotterell as he always says his team should have won like I should win the lottery.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Anyone who has Seagull player must log onto the Brizzle one for Cotteril's comments. He is absolutely furious. It's a must watch,

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Anyone who has Seagull player must log onto the Brizzle one for Cotteril's comments. He is absolutely furious. It's a must watch,
attachment.php

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Re the penalty: "That's what you get when you come away and there's 20 odd thousand people - you don't get them - FOR SURE THEY'D HAVE GOT THAT"

:tantrum:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Bristol City played pretty well, looked better than their league position, and fully contributed to a really good game. It looked a clear penalty to me, we were lucky with that one. Cotterill pointed to some good chances they created, which was fair, although he seemed to forget how many Brighton had in the first half.
You can't be surprised if teams start time-wasting against us, we're top and unbeaten, if they get ahead it is to be expected and we have to get used to it. Chris Hughton must just be wishing that we could win a game easily and by more than one goal, can't be good for his nerves!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I thought Bristol City played pretty well, looked better than their league position, and fully contributed to a really good game. It looked a clear penalty to me, we were lucky with that one. Cotterill pointed to some good chances they created, which was fair, although he seemed to forget how many Brighton had in the first half.
You can't be surprised if teams start time-wasting against us, we're top and unbeaten, if they get ahead it is to be expected and we have to get used to it. Chris Hughton must just be wishing that we could win a game easily and by more than one goal, can't be good for his nerves!

Sod Hughton's nerves, what about ours! I was emotionally drained at the final whistle last night.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought we made them look better than they were. Both Kayal and Stephens were too far from the CBs which actually allowed Freeman to play in the gap inbetween.

Didn't think the ref was that bad, other than not clamping down on the time wasting, and the free-kick booking at the end for encroachment. The ball had been touched and is therefore in play.

Cotterill? If you listen to him, I don't think he's ever deserved to lose.

Penalty? Looked tight, but what went against him was the marginally early fall, as he anticipated contact.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thought we made them look better than they were. Both Kayal and Stephens were too far from the CBs which actually allowed Freeman to play in the gap inbetween.

Didn't think the ref was that bad, other than not clamping down on the time wasting, and the free-kick booking at the end for encroachment. The ball had been touched and is therefore in play.

Penalty? Looked tight, but what went against him was the marginally early fall, as he anticipated contact.

I didn't think the ref was bad either. He tried to keep the game flowing as match as possible.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Who remembers all the whining he did, after we knocked Portsmouth out of the FA cup in Jan 2011?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We had most of the season like that when we were at the bottom of the table, its the way things happen you seem to get the luck when you are up the top, just look at all the dodgy penalties Bournemouth got last season

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No one was robbed. Both sides attacked end to end. It was an incredible game. Bristol City were arguably one of the most attacking adventurous sides I've seen at the Amex, certainly this season and really committed numbers forward. We never truly had control of the game other than the start of the second half when I thought we battered them to eventually get the equaliser.

Could have gone either way, ended up 4-4 or something. Referee was just inconsistent for me. I think he gave some equally poor decisions against both sides. Penalty shout the player throws his arms up and starts his dive prior to the contact, but did look like contact to me. If you're going to exaggerate, then you run the risk of not getting the foul, happens to Kaz a lot to be fair.

I don't think you can say we didn't deserve it, but I can understand if I was at the other end I'd feel hard done by not to have got at least a point let alone 3.

That was a really tough game. Perhaps we never really learn, but the Championship table tells a lot of lies time and time again regarding who you might expect to beat or have a tough game from.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We had most of the season like that when we were at the bottom of the table, its the way things happen you seem to get the luck when you are up the top, just look at all the dodgy penalties Bournemouth got last season

More remarkable was Palaces year of penalties the year they humbled us and went up.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Seriously, when has Cotterill ever said anything other than his team should have won. He does it every match, it's almost a catchphrase.

I absolutely love it when teams which timewaste from an early minute get beaten in the end :rock:

I was saying the same thing last night when they started doing it. It's just a baffling tactic to resort to that early in the game. Sure, time waste for the 2nd half but if you've nicked a goal in the 15th minute against the league leaders, away from home, then why not just go for it?

But no. They bottled it and resorted to cowardly, miserly time wasting. Pathetic.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's his post match interview via http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/POST-M...istol-City-1/story-28021792-detail/story.html

The result: "I'm looking up at the scoreboard and it still says 2-1 to Brighton. We easily had enough chances to have added one or two more goals to our tally.
"I've watched a lot of Brighton's games and no-one has caused them as much trouble as we did. We carved them open at will for a time in the second half, but it is no good playing like that if you don't take your chances.
"We've played some good football and created some good chances, but you have to take those when they come along.
"We could have won and we should have done. We had enough chances to have put that game to bed and it is really disappointing."

Penalty: "It is very difficult to see from where we are. I'd be surprised if he (Freeman) had gone to ground in that area.
"But that is what happens when you come away from home and there are 20,000 people in the stadium. You don't get those decisions when you are the away team. They would have got it, because the crowd would have gone up.
"But we had done enough to win the game without that. Against anyone else other than the top team, we would probably have won."

On Zamora "He's had one chance and taken it. That's why he's made a career playing in the Premier League."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here