[Albion] Steve Cooper.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 2719

. . .and l quite liked that one.

He was a classic, especially if you can picture his face and his timing when saying his jokes.

“I had a ploughman's lunch the other day................................. He wasn't very happy.”

Back on topic, I thought Cooper might be an outsider, he seems to get everything from his players. But I don't know much about his character, is he into the psychology part of players???

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
He was a classic, especially if you can picture his face and his timing when saying his jokes.

“I had a ploughman's lunch the other day................................. He wasn't very happy.”

Back on topic, I thought Cooper might be an outsider, he seems to get everything from his players. But I don't know much about his character, is he into the psychology part of players???

I shot a burglar in my slippers the other day. Well, he shouldn't have nicked them in the first place, should he.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is it wrong to find it a struggle to get over what he looks and sounds like?

No thanks.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Copper got promotion with Forest by chance - and based off of the play of 5 loan players. They had to go out and spend what £200million because the sqaud was complete sh*te without thiose loanees.

He really hasn't proven anything is substance with Forest.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Copper got promotion with Forest by chance - and based off of the play of 5 loan players. They had to go out and spend what £200million because the sqaud was complete sh*te without thiose loanees.

So taking the club from near the foot of the Championship and into the Premier League inside a couple of seasons happened by sheer chance did it? :ffsparr:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:lolol:

This post has been brought to you by the Irish Society for the Defence of Chris Hughton's Reputation.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
So taking the club from near the foot of the Championship and into the Premier League inside a couple of seasons happened by sheer chance did it? :ffsparr:

Less than one season.

I happened to see Forest a couple of times last season with a friend who's a season ticket holder there, once under Hughton and once under Cooper. The difference was dramatic to say the least.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

Their forum makes interesting reading - many making similar arguments as to why SC would stay to see through their project, and we all know how that turns out. A lot of realistic posts on there and equally some deluded thinking that ‘history’ is a reason for staying with Forest - when has history ever determined the outcome of what happens in the future ? Apparently we’re a tinpot club ! :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He looks like the kid from Family Guy but he has done very well over his career so far.

I think unless Marinakis is planning to sack him, it will be difficult to get him over.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
…….

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

He looks like the kid from Family Guy but he has done very well over his career so far.

I think unless Marinakis is planning to sack him, it will be difficult to get him over.

He always looks like he’s just escaped from a headlock.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

Unlike the PL - the gap between top and bottom of the Championship is far closer. In 20-21 Barnsley finished 5th and got relegated last season. Reading and Cardiff finished 7th and 8th and ended up 21st and 18th respectively. Huddersfield went from 20th in 20-21 to 3rd last season That just would not happen in the PL.

The Forest squad was exceptionally poor and promotion was won primarily because of the six loan signings that were brought in. The Forest owners knew how sh*te things were because they ended up spending nearly £200million bringing in 24 players this season (and paying the likes of Lingard crazy wages). It is also worth nothing that 4 of the six loanees they had last season signed with new clubs and none of them joined Forest - Garner joined Everton, Spence joined Spurs and the other two are playing in the Bundesliga and the Jupiler Pro League.

You could say that you make your own luck - but Cooper got very lucky - a little bad luck or a couple of loan signings not working out and Forest were bottom half last season.

:lolol:

This post has been brought to you by the Irish Society for the Defence of Chris Hughton's Reputation.
Hughton doesn't need me or anyone else to defend his reputation - he got two teams promoted to the PL and colsolidated them there - he was never relegated from the PL - and he has more seasons managing PL clubs than 90% of PL managers over the last 30 years.

Hughton was sold a pig-in-a-poke by Forest - the owners messed up the off-season last year - releasing nearly 20 first team players and promising Hughton that he could use the money to strengthen the squad - that didn't happen. The owners signed 7 replacements - 5 of whom played a combined 10 games last season and the remaining two played less than half the games. It was Hughton who knew how weak the squad was and he went out and got Garner, Spence, and the others on loan. The problem Hughton faced was that his best players - most of the loanees and the likes of Worrell were all injured during Hughton's games in charge. In one game he didn't even have four defenderes available.

Does that mean that Hughton would have got Forest promoted if he hadn't been sacked - well an awful lot of things would have had to go their way - but they would definitely have been top half of the division - and he likely would have built a more sold foundation for a promotion push.

A pint of Irish Bitter please Landlord :laugh::laugh:
They don't have Bitter in Ireland - that is very much and English phenomenon. :wink:

Back on topic - If I was Bloom I wouldn't go after Cooper - he has done relatively little to show he could get the job done.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Unlike the PL - the gap between top and bottom of the Championship is far closer. In 20-21 Barnsley finished 5th and got relegated last season. Reading and Cardiff finished 7th and 8th and ended up 21st and 18th respectively. Huddersfield went from 20th in 20-21 to 3rd last season That just would not happen in the PL.

The Forest squad was exceptionally poor and promotion was won primarily because of the six loan signings that were brought in. The Forest owners knew how sh*te things were because they ended up spending nearly £200million bringing in 24 players this season (and paying the likes of Lingard crazy wages). It is also worth nothing that 4 of the six loanees they had last season signed with new clubs and none of them joined Forest - Garner joined Everton, Spence joined Spurs and the other two are playing in the Bundesliga and the Jupiler Pro League.

You could say that you make your own luck - but Cooper got very lucky - a little bad luck or a couple of loan signings not working out and Forest were bottom half last season.

Hughton doesn't need me or anyone else to defend his reputation - he got two teams promoted to the PL and colsolidated them there - he was never relegated from the PL - and he has more seasons managing PL clubs than 90% of PL managers over the last 30 years.

Hughton was sold a pig-in-a-poke by Forest - the owners messed up the off-season last year - releasing nearly 20 first team players and promising Hughton that he could use the money to strengthen the squad - that didn't happen. The owners signed 7 replacements - 5 of whom played a combined 10 games last season and the remaining two played less than half the games. It was Hughton who knew how weak the squad was and he went out and got Garner, Spence, and the others on loan. The problem Hughton faced was that his best players - most of the loanees and the likes of Worrell were all injured during Hughton's games in charge. In one game he didn't even have four defenderes available.

Does that mean that Hughton would have got Forest promoted if he hadn't been sacked - well an awful lot of things would have had to go their way - but they would definitely have been top half of the division - and he likely would have built a more sold foundation for a promotion push.

They don't have Bitter in Ireland - that is very much and English phenomenon. :wink:

Back on topic - If I was Bloom I wouldn't go after Cooper - he has done relatively little to show he could get the job done.
unfortunately i have a really gobby Forest fan friend ....he thinks Cooper is the messiah , given the recent dynamic i wouldn't mind us getting him in just to shut my associate up ....is he another GP , what's the compo package ..?? Knutjsen for me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I'm guessing it was only luck and some nice loan deals that made CH save Nottingham after Lamouchis tenure as well then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports