Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Cooper.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I'm guessing it was only luck and some nice loan deals that made CH save Nottingham after Lamouchis tenure as well then?

Yea - absolutely - getting Knockhaert in when he got the job - but more particularly getting Garner in January on loan - made a massive difference. When Garner came in Forest were 20th - Forest won 4 and drew 3 of the next 8 games and were pretty much safe from that point on.

The Forest squad was really, really bad - bloated with overpaid players. The owners really made a shambles of things. At the end of the season Hughton was promised that if the squad was cut in size he would be given better quality players - instead the owners got rid of 20 plauers and brought in sh*te to replace them. The players they signed are now playing in places like Switzerland, the MSL and the French second division (and are not playing that often for those teams). Copper had a decent first eleven - including the 6 loan players - and was lucky with injuries - but the rest of the squad was terrible. This summer 18 of the squad were released, sold or loaned out - and they spent nearly £200million bringing in 24 players - there are only a couple of players from Hughton's time left in the Forest squad.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sorry but there are threads about various other candidates, so l'm just joining the throng, and starting one about my man. :yawn:

The one time heir apparent to many on NSC should GP ever move on, but seemingly less support for him on here now.

Very similar footballing philosophy to you know who, also served his appreticeship in the Championship, turned Forest from relegation candidates to promotion winners in an instant.

l hope Tony knows the std code for Nottingham.
Wholly unsuitable based solely on his flurry of scatter gun, Fulham style recruitment over this close season.... Cooper even thinking this is an appropriate way of operating, tells me that he is not our man.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Their forum makes interesting reading - many making similar arguments as to why SC would stay to see through their project, and we all know how that turns out. A lot of realistic posts on there and equally some deluded thinking that ‘history’ is a reason for staying with Forest - when has history ever determined the outcome of what happens in the future ? Apparently we’re a tinpot club ! :lolol:

Apparently per the forum, there was a lot of boo'ing at the end of the Bmuff game, going from 2-0 up to 2-3 loss. Didn't hear that reported in the media or any sarcastic comments from the manager about history lessons.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Apparently per the forum, there was a lot of boo'ing at the end of the Bmuff game, going from 2-0 up to 2-3 loss. Didn't hear that reported in the media or any sarcastic comments from the manager about history lessons.
Yer it's crazy! Literally every time we beat a team they boo. Really grating now that we've been picked on for this.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
When Potter was good he was brilliant, but he has been outthought tactically on a fairly regular basis, most recently at Fulham. It happens :shrug:

Was he really out thought at Fulham???

As I remember it, they dominated us for the first 10 minutes or so with width and creating overloads on our back 3. Potter changed to a 4 pretty quickly to counter that and the game then settled down.

We lost because we generally had a poor game that night, not really because Potter was out thought.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
The Telegraph article actually says he’s “not an option currently” which is different from not in the running

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Was he really out thought at Fulham???

As I remember it, they dominated us for the first 10 minutes or so with width and creating overloads on our back 3. Potter changed to a 4 pretty quickly to counter that and the game then settled down.

We lost because we generally had a poor game that night, not really because Potter was out thought.

He failed to have anyone capable of relieving the pressure upfront

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I don't think that was the feeling on the terraces at the time. Might have just been the guys round me though. While a change in selection was necessitated by Welbz not being able to play Saturday / Tuesday we looked like we hadn't practiced the change at all. And Fulham targeted our wingbacks as a weakness. We looked better when Welbeck and Lamptey came on. Up to then we'd run the wrong horse on the wrong course.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Fair point. I'd selectively forgotten about that.

Thank fvck he's gone :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The pressure was created by a night on which 3 or 4 players kept giving the ball away. Keeping the ball might have led to a Spurs like performance where we played Trossard up front.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The pressure was created by a night on which 3 or 4 players kept giving the ball away. Keeping the ball might have led to a Spurs like performance where we played Trossard up front.

They gave the ball away because they had nothing on. We had no focal point, no runners and our wingbacks were being torn a new one. Mwepu looked like he'd only taken up football that week.

Got to take your hat off and say that Fulham worked out our weaknesses and had a decent game plan of their own. Hopefully they do that to Potter's Chelsea when we're allowed to resume, although he'll have Aubameyang available presumably, despite having been recently ironed out by a gang of burglars.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Fulham had done their homework and stopped us playing our normal game. Last season when we failed to win for months Potter admitted he changed the way we played. Far quicker and getting the ball forwards often missing out the centre. It brought about the change in our play and results improved hugely. Than against Fulham we resorted back to the previous style.

Not until 2-0 down did we change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here