Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When Cook left he was fourth choice centre back. There was no way for Cook to break into the team, not poyets fault, he didnt need him, he had Dunk, el abd and Greer infront of him. Cook also was caught up in the trials as too was Dunk, so I highley doubt he would have got much game time last season either. Cook has turned into a decent player, maybe some loan time might have helped. But we got a bit of money he has gone on to improve as a player and I am very pleased for him. top lad.

Grant Halls situation was slightly different. The club released him at 16 and after his continued growth at Lewes, the club offered him a new deal. when it came to contract renewals Hall showed us the same loyalty we had showed him and who can blame him. once again a lack of chances may have impacted his decsion and no doubt his head being turned by a top club coming in for him too.

Either way both players made up there own minds and its not Poyet or anybody elses fault, they would have left unless they were playing regular games, which they would not have been.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
When Cook left he was fourth choice centre back. There was no way for Cook to break into the team, not poyets fault, he didnt need him, he had Dunk, el abd and Greer infront of him. Cook also was caught up in the trials as too was Dunk, so I highley doubt he would have got much game time last season either. Cook has turned into a decent player, maybe some loan time might have helped. But we got a bit of money he has gone on to improve as a player and I am very pleased for him. top lad.

Grant Halls situation was slightly different. The club released him at 16 and after his continued growth at Lewes, the club offered him a new deal. when it came to contract renewals Hall showed us the same loyalty we had showed him and who can blame him. once again a lack of chances may have impacted his decsion and no doubt his head being turned by a top club coming in for him too.

Either way both players made up there own minds and its not Poyet or anybody elses fault, they would have left unless they were playing regular games, which they would not have been.

Agree that the pending trial shafted the Dev Squad at the time, and I wouldn't be surprised if Grant Hall just wanted to distance himself from what went on. Maybe if this event didn't happen Cook may have just gone out on long loans.

Who knows? It was a difficult time for the club but we now have to bring a new bunch through and leave history to history.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Promotion chasing Swindon on loan from Spurs, playing each week like Cook and Elphic were last year at Bmouth.

I wrote in my post (83) another factor to why he may have felt he should move on.

Promotion chasing? He would have been better off loaned to Wolves or Orient.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have I found myself responding to sarcastic comments instead of a discussion?

Tell me what you want to say instead of being so cryptic. You have given me no indication of your thoughts on Hall or why you think he left?

He went after better money. Whether he fulfils his promise is a different matter.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He went after better money. Whether he fulfils his promise is a different matter.

Yep I agree :thumbsup: but I also think that with the pending trial with five of the Dev squad made it harder for us to convince him to stay.

I'm not saying that is the gospel truth or that he wouldn't have left anyway, but if I was in his postition I may have felt like it was a good time to take the Spurs offer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep I agree :thumbsup: but I also think that with the pending trial with five of the Dev squad made it harder for us to convince him to stay.

I'm not saying that is the gospel truth or that he wouldn't have left anyway, but if I was in his postition I may have felt like it was a good time to take the Spurs offer.

I get the feeling that if he was to fulfil his promise, that Spurs would have loaned him to a Championship club rather than a League 1 club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here