Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I expect him to play in the next 3 games to cover the suspension - could hold his place if he does well.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He's been great but I was overjoyed to watch our midfield, quick in mind and body today. So often the opposition just glide past Stephens and he is far too slow to react. Give him time on the ball, as against Portsmouth and he is excellent. In the Championship he was one of our best, but if you can't see the huge improvement with Alzate and Bissouma, then I think you are living in the past. He's far too slow at this level and we're moving forward. Thanks Dale but now is the time to say goodbye.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
With our new formation including wing backs we’ll usually play with two main midfielders with One attacking midfielder. For these two positions we now have Propper, Bissouma, Alzate and possibly Molumby. We could also play Gross in that position if necessary.

And the argie Mac

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Stevens is a better squad player than many give him credit for. This will be Burnley’s gain if it comes off for him.

Yet you still can't even spell his name. You must be a real fan.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Maybe that explains why he walked off against Pompey, a slight knock that in normal circumstances he would have seen the game through?

He’s been a good servant to the club and wish him the best for future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So have you spoke to him or someone you know has passed this on? Not doubting it’s true as it would be a random one to make up, but interested to know if his feelings you mention are correct etc, as it would be a nice sentiment...

Yeah just one of my closest friends. I won’t say where but he did mention that it was with heavy heart but .... well....... you know.
My friend knows a few of the players.

el punal

I'm calling bollox on this.

1) We don't sell to rivals
2) Wouldn't play v Pompey if he was on the move. Good performance too.
3) Will surely be covering for Biss throughout his suspension.

Aren’t all the other Premier League teams rivals? Well, obviously not the so-called BIG clubs like Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and, um . . . Leeds. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here