[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wow. What, why?

Was really looking forward to Molumby stepping up into the team this season. Thought he looked fantastic in our friendly vs Chelsea in CM when he came on.

Indeed.
The “will” rather than “could be” or “might” and the Irish source give it credibility.
Really is a shame assuming it’s true.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I think Potter has seen enough in training to know that Ben White will work in his midfield set up.

All the best Dale. Fabulous, underrated footballer. #neverforgivetheshyster

???
Really really don’t think so!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ryan? Webster? - don’t think either of them are leaders IMO. They are just doing their job in games communication wise. (Passing the ball with information etc).

Ryan if anything is too quiet.

You could well be right re Bissouma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but you're wrong about Webster. Watch him more closely on the pitch and also read up on the piece Naylor did in The Athletic a few weeks ago. He's a real communicator, leader, brilliant player and very obviously captain material.

Anyway, a captain doesn't need to be a Terry/Adams/Butcher/Robson type anymore, the best captains today will always lead by example rather than shouting at people. With our policy of recruiting players with decent character we're lucky because in my opinion we've got lots of leaders who do this. Great pro's who are good guys, great attitudes and trainers by all accounts and they don't go hiding on the pitch.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Was shot down for suggesting Molumby wasn’t quite ready and needed another year.

Good luck Dale, he has always been clear that he wants to keep playing at the highest level possible, and despite the incoherent ramblings from many muppets on here, his level is still very much the PL and if he can get game time at Burnley that he can’t get with us then I wish him all the best on a personal level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm sorry but you're wrong about Webster. Watch him more closely on the pitch and also read up on the piece Naylor did in The Athletic a few weeks ago. He's a real communicator, leader, brilliant player and very obviously captain material.

Anyway, a captain doesn't need to be a Terry/Adams/Butcher/Robson type anymore, the best captains today will always lead by example rather than shouting at people. With our policy of recruiting players with decent character we're lucky because in my opinion we've got lots of leaders who do this. Great pro's who are good guys, great attitudes and trainers by all accounts and they don't go hiding on the pitch.

Matter of opinion re Webster.

Think he just needs to focus on continuing his good form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really, I just don’t understand where all this knowledge of what individuals are like in the confines of a dressing room with their mates and colleagues come from?
It’s a very different situation playing in front of TV audiences or 30k crowds or being interviewed in front of cameras to being behind closed doors which is something none of us (despite what some like to think) are privy to.

Fair comment, but it is not just that, it’s part of it. Mullery always said that he liked Brian Horton as he was effectively the manager on the pitch.

I don’t see Ryan or Webster leading from that perspective, in fact I think Ryan is quite quiet for a GK.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If Stephens AND Molumby are going isn't this go to leave us short of back up? I can only assume someone is coming in.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Matter of opinion re Webster.

Think he just needs to focus on continuing his good form.

There was some interesting comments from the chap from Albion Roar who has been attending matches.

Essentially, the voice spectators can hear coming from the pitch telling everyone what to do (very loudly) is Webster’s.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There was some interesting comments from the chap from Albion Roar who has been attending matches.

Essentially, the voice spectators can hear coming from the pitch telling everyone what to do (very loudly) is Webster’s.

I do remember him stitching Propper up with an instruction which led to a goal last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
If Stephens AND Molumby are going isn't this go to leave us short of back up? I can only assume someone is coming in.

Alzate.
Bissouma.
Propper.
Lallana.
Gross.
Bernardo or March in an emergency?

Sanders (if he doesn’t go back out on loan)
White (pushed forward into what every Leeds fan said wasn’t a good position for him)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stephens going to Burnley

Yes exactly and this was also commented on by his former managers Lee Johnson and Paul Cooke in Naylor’s excellent piece about him.

Dunk is rightly our captain but he is not especially vocal on the pitch.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Alzate.
Bissouma.
Propper.
Lallana.
Gross.
Bernardo or March in an emergency?

Sanders (if he doesn’t go back out on loan)
White (pushed forward into what every Leeds fan said wasn’t a good position for him)

Yeah agree with the first three, not so sure about the rest.
Propper/Lallana/Gross are all good passers.
Not so sure any of them could cover the Bissouma role as adequately as Stephens or Molumby.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Not necessarily, we look set to primarily play 343 this season, the same as Wolves.

Last season they had a squad of just 20 players, 9 of whom started 30 or more league matches.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens going to Burnley

Yes exactly and this was also commented on by his former managers Lee Johnson and Paul Cooke in Naylor’s excellent piece about him.

Dunk is rightly our captain but he is not especially vocal on the pitch.

But just shouting is not leading, it’s what they’re saying, which is more or less what you said earlier [emoji2]

At this level they should all be ‘talking’ on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports