Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward [Summer 2015 edition]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If he was any good wouldnt Eddie Howe try to get him back rather than waste money on Berbatov, as is being speculated.

Where's the Berbatov to Bmouth rumour from - not heard that one..?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Might need a £500k bid for Burnley to consider letting him go. We should be able to compete on wages as I understand many Burnley players have relegation clauses in their contracts so they'll no longer be on mega money.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I can't believe we would touch Ward after the way his transfer to Burnley concluded...(even though we should have sealed it earlier).
Move on..more than happy to give Chicksen his chance than another loanee.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can't believe we would touch Ward after the way his transfer to Burnley concluded...(even though we should have sealed it earlier).

Isn't Chicksen awful though?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Has he produced those moments lately as he didnt at Fulham very often. With Vokes you will get 100% commitment and effort and some goals which is very much the Howe way.

There are at least two (I'm not going to trawl youtube to see if there are more) that I can think of off the top of my head that he scored for Monaco. One of them was a frankly ludicrous chip that was so insanely relaxed that you'd believe it a mistake for most players...definitely wasn't though!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Isn't Chicksen awful though?

Have we really seen enough of him to come to that conclusion though? I'm not saying his performances have been good just that he's played a handful of games since joining the club so hardly a fair platform to judge him on. He can't be worse than Bennett at any rate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have we really seen enough of him to come to that conclusion though? I'm not saying his performances have been good just that he's played a handful of games since joining the club so hardly a fair platform to judge him on. He can't be worse than Bennett at any rate.

Yes. Yes, he really can.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I don't think we can blame him. It was our fault as much as anything for, as you say, not sorting it out earlier.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pete o'Rourke is usually on the money. Here's hoping...

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Would love this to be true but given we have changed the manager and the entire player recruitment team since Ward played for us, it seems unlikely. Unless they have independently identified him as a top target or Nathan has insisted on bringing him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here