Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Could the link to them be agent trying to push us?

All guess work till he signs somewhere or it's September 1st (when we'll instead get loan rumours if not gone anywhere)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the only story I have found, published at 10.40 today.

...............Burnley will seemingly have their offer accepted if they match Brighton’s bid for the player.

However, it will be interesting to see whether Ward will decide to return to familiar surroundings by joining the Seagulls or be tempted by the lure of the Premier League and elect to choose Burnley instead...................

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/burnley-fc-to-make-a-late-swoop-for-stephen-ward-42797

Wolves accepted both bids. It will be down to personal terms, wage and length of contract.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All of those who would tell Ward to F off if he does decide to sign, two words Inigo Calderon

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wolves accepted both bids. It will be down to personal terms, wage and length of contract.

Interesting. Would they give him more than 1 year on big fat PL wages? He'll be struggling to make the bench every game any way but I suppose money talks.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
All of those who would tell Ward to F off if he does decide to sign, two words Inigo Calderon

that was such a bizzarre sequence of events, Gus was FUMING...so glad he came back and never really went in the end, can't remember why though?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'm pretty pissed at him at the moment simply because he had agreed terms and then didn't show for the medical.

However if after talking to Burnley he decided that he would rather return to Brighton, then I could actually think that's even better that he's chosen us over them.

So yes I'd still welcome him back.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm pretty pissed at him at the moment simply because he had agreed terms and then didn't show for the medical.

However if after talking to Burnley he decided that he would rather return to Brighton, then I could actually think that's even better that he's chosen us over them.

So yes I'd still welcome him back.

This is the way I see it too, would not blame him for taking a peek at the Premier league offer first either if he did end up here.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
that was such a bizzarre sequence of events, Gus was FUMING...so glad he came back and never really went in the end, can't remember why though?

I seem to remember him saying his heart was still at Brighton and he couldn't go through with it, or words to that effect.

I clearly remember how bloody excited I was to have him back. I'm still glad he's here quite a few years later, a proper gentleman and great ambassador for the club.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Looking at the Burnley forum, they seem to think they are well covered in the left back position and they can't understand why they are signing Ward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here