Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The away fans forum is full of childish name calling, very little intelligent reasoned debate. People are only banned outright from NSC for trolling, so the comparison is not an accurate one.

They should re-name the away fans forum the BHA discussion forum. At any time I've ever looked at it, almost every thread is Palace fans discussing the goings on at the Albion or what we're talking about on NSC.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
They should re-name the away fans forum the BHA discussion forum. At any time I've ever looked at it, almost every thread is Palace fans discussing the goings on at the Albion or what we're talking about on NSC.

The upsurge in Brighton interest coincided with an odd resurgence of Brighton fans once they were promoted from League One, informing us of our impending relegation and that we would be forever in your shadow.

And it is true to say that the recent goings on at your club have for some reason generated debate.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am inclined not to take either the lower or higher fees as gospel at present. With regards to CMS, I am merely going by the widely reported fees, and not by your desire to lowball it, perhaps as a response to his less than stellar return on the investment. However, if you are able to trump the figures stated by, say the BBC with your own reputable source I would be happy to agree your point. And a transfer with clauses is a commitment to that figure, whether achieved or not (unless Brighton were confident he would be so poor, in which case I applaud their perceptiveness).
:lolol: You're some sort of character.

Although what we are debating is largely irrelevant here is a link to SSN report on the CMS deal, which suggests the fee was £2.5m which could potentially rise to the fee you are happily quoting. Now I appreciate you have suggested that a clause is a pre agreement in a contract which is obviously binding, however if said clause was payable on promotion for example, we certainly would not have paid that which would render your final point as highly debatable and potentially factually incorrect.

Edit I forgot the link :laugh:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7018601/

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013

Well yes. You're our rivals. We do have regular posters from assorted other clubs, but nothing is ever going to rival Brighton.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
True in part. I would contend however, that I and others have engaged in some very reasoned debate with some of your more sensible comrades amongst the madness. I even started a thread inviting Brighton fans to have a serious discussion about the events of the second playoff game between the teams, but it had little uptake.

Because, of course, you started that thread with the best intentions, and not to bait Brighton fans to act in an unwelcoming and volatile manner. I would suggest you did this as to provide yourself with ammunition to demonstrate your innocence during occasions such as this.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
How the hell has this turned from us signing Dobbie, to us supposedly signing Gayle, to what is posted on BBS. Oh and melotron, Wigman, Fur cough, are examples of decent Brighton fans that posted in the main on BBS, you were just a tit sorry to say.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Because, of course, you started that thread with the best intentions, and not to bait Brighton fans to act in an unwelcoming and volatile manner. I would suggest you did this as to provide yourself with ammunition to demonstrate your innocence during occasions such as this.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231631
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220992
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220031
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=229710
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243130

The olive branch has been extended numerous times, and it is quite clear from the last thread that my intention was the exact opposite of your claim :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I don't know why some of you are getting your knickers in a twist.
It seems most Palace posters normally just post on Palace related threads. They are started by yourselves, and they are worded to get a reaction, and we will react to the "banter" with more "banter ", so in effect ,it's like an away end.
Occasionally we may drift to non Palace threads, but as a rule we stick to Palace threads.
The answer to some of you moaning about the amount of Palace on Palace related threads, avoid them if it causes you that much distress.
There's around 10 threads about your new manager, leave us Palace fans to post in our "away end "

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A quick look at those threads simply serbes to demonstrate that you continue with your smarmy and holier than thou policy. It is however quite funny to read them as your fellow BBS posters hang on your every word, which smacks of quite a resemblance to your Lord Of The Rings analogy.

Banned
May 19, 2013
You mean that Reading fan that is forever sucking up to Palace fans, pathetic really.

He's one amongst many. Seems like a nice enough bloke. I can understand you bring annoyed that they seem to be able to cherry pick your players at whim, but you and Reading have a lot in common.

Banned
May 19, 2013
The away fans forum is full of childish name calling, very little intelligent reasoned debate. People are only banned outright from NSC for trolling, so the comparison is not an accurate one.

This is simply not true. In the periods after we beat you, Palace fans are banned simply for not posting in a single thread v

It is far more draconian than anything on the BBS.

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004
Nothing like the BBS at all then, that shunts literally ANYONE who isn't a Palace fan off the main board.

I'm a mod on there and this simply isn't true. (Indeed I've never banned a Brighton fan simply for posting in another forum.)

Check the posting history of Fur Cough, for instance - lots of contributions across all forums.

If you've been banned then let me know your username (via DM if need be) and I'll find out why.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm a mod on there and this simply isn't true. (Indeed I've never banned a Brighton fan simply for posting in another forum.)

Check the posting history of Fur Cough, for instance - lots of contributions across all forums.

If you've been banned then let me know your username (via DM if need be) and I'll find out why.

Yes I have seen many posts by him and wigman and it is little wonder you all like them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here