Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course you do hypocrite.
So taking the piss because we are probably the only club in the country that shares a car park with a university, gives you a chance to laugh at BHA.
And you find all kinds of willy waving tedious, but 10 hours after you posting that here, you are posting this on BBS?

Today, 06:51 AM
Benzhiyi's

Fixtures moved for a university open day. Again.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Name me another 'big club' that's forced to move fixtures every season for that reason?

Brighton lol.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236404&page=88

Hmmmm.

1 or 2 Saturdays not possible due to the university, or forever in the rain at Withdean.

What a sad act to post that :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Which Gayle will they get? The loan Gayle (7 goals in 9 games) or the permanent Gayle (6 goals in 20 games).

On a Brighton forum? Who gives a shit? Seriously, this thread is tedious and pathetic from both sides.

And it is our fans who are keeping this stream of rubbish flowing.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Gayle has been signed by THE SCUM as a striker who will do very well in The Championship in the 2014/2015 campaign.

We're certainly after him with one eye on his being good for us if we do go down. Which given the likelihood of that happening is something I'm happy about.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
We're certainly after him with one eye on his being good for us if we do go down. Which given the likelihood of that happening is something I'm happy about.

yep - our strategy is work on the assumption we are going down so we are in good shape financially and have a decent stadium. These are the sorts of signings we should be making. Lob in a couple of overpaid mercenaries on 1 year loans just to see if we can fluke 4th bottom. :smile:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm playing "Palace Bingo" and only need Little Al and The Silurian for a full house. If you put them all on the ignore user list then this thread is only 5 pages long :smile:

Little Al posted on another thread this morning so only The Silurian needed for the full house. "Scum Bingo" starts shortly but will take longer to complete with ALL the Nigels on my ignore user list.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Some sticky white love piss has just leaked out.
I'm sure there will be gallons more to follow should this turn out to be true ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!! OMG £850,000 nicker ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!

You need all the money you can get having just posted a loss of £9 million...#justsaying

In regards to this thread, its hilarious to see so many Albion fans moaning about Palace fans coming on to troll/mock when its quite obvious that this thread was set up with the sole intention (and many of its ensuing reply's) to mock us. I can understand in a way why you are all so desperate to get one over us, the bragging rights are emphatically with us and it hurts big time. This wasn't the way it was meant to go in your heads, you got your shiny new stadium and a sugar daddy who was prepared to spend big and you thought you'd be the ones leaving us behind. Its emphatically not turned out that way so i can understand your bitterness in a way. However to try and mock us over Dobbie and Gayle is a bit pathetic. Dobbie after all scored some vital goals and assists that got is into the playoffs, without him we may well have missed out all together. Gayle is an extremley exciting prospect and it looks like a good deal for both clubs. Again, a bit pathetic of Albion fans to be focusing on one biased paper saying its £6 million when deep down they know our prudent board would never sanction that amount and 99% of Twitter and Press sources are saying its a deal around the £3 million mark.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You need all the money you can get having just posted a loss of £9 million...#justsaying

For season 11/12 - our first year at the Amex - when we were only getting 18-19k. We averaged over 26k last year, will average similar if not more next year and now have a CEO that can see where the money is being wasted.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You need all the money you can get having just posted a lose of £9 million...#justsaying

In regards to this thread, its hilarious to see so many Albion fans moaning about Palace fans coming on to troll/mock when its quite obvious that this thread was set up with the sole intention (and many of its ensuing reply's) to mock us. I can understand in a way why you are all so desperate to get one over us, the bragging rights are emphatically with us and it hurts big time. This wasn't the way it was meant to go in your heads, you got your shiny new stadium and a sugar daddy who was prepared to spend big and you thought you'd be the ones leaving us behind. Its emphatically not turned out that way so i can understand your bitterness in a way. However to try and mock us over Dobbie and Gayle is a bit pathetic. Dobbie after all scored some vital goals and assists that got is into the playoffs, without him we may well have missed out all together. Gayle is an extremley exciting prospect and it looks like a good deal for both clubs. Again, a bit pathetic of Albion fans to be focusing on one biased paper saying its £6 million when deep down they know our prudent board would never sanction that amount and 99% of Twitter and Press sources are saying its a deal around the £3 million mark.

You think £3 million plus add-ons is really good for him? even your own fans are saying that it is to prepare for when you are relegated. In other words they don''t expect him to be premiership quality, but a good Championship player. Last season Gayle scored 13 in 29 CMS scored 11 in 31. Is there really that much difference to entitle you to mock CMS but for us to not have any entitlement to mock Gayle?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

This is a BHA forum, we can debate on what we like and have our opinions, just like you can on your own forum. It seems to me that you are the one that has a problem with us having a nice stadium and decent owner who is actually a Brighton supporter, for most of us we are just enjoying OUR club, which is why i have no intention of visiting YOUR forum.

Banned
May 19, 2013
For season 11/12 - our first year at the Amex - when we were only getting 18-19k. We averaged over 26k last year, will average similar if not more next year and now have a CEO that can see where the money is being wasted.
Are you talking about CMS?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You think £3 million plus add-ons is really good for him? even your own fans are saying that it is to prepare for when you are relegated. In other words they don''t expect him to be premiership quality, but a good Championship player. Last season Gayle scored 13 in 29 CMS scored 11 in 31. Is there really that much difference to entitle you to mock CMS but for us to not have any entitlement to mock Gayle?

Its a fair price given his age, lenght of contract at Posh and his potential sell on value. Plus if we go down, Gayle and Murray would make a pretty decent front 2 in the Championship and give us a great chance of going straight back up.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Are you talking about CMS?

I think you know that I was taking about the non playing side. Although on the playing side we have just managed to offload some dead wood and have some mugs give us 850k for the pleasure.

Banned
May 19, 2013
I think you know that I was taking about the non playing side. Although on the playing side we have just managed to offload some dead wood and have some mugs give us 850k for the pleasure.

I was only joking. But it's interesting to think that if you hadn't offloaded that "dead wood" then those very same "mugs" wouldn't have been in the playoffs to beat you, and wouldn't have just been promoted to the Premier League.

Great business by Brighton :D

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was only joking. But it's interesting to think that if you hadn't offloaded that "dead wood" then those very same "mugs" wouldn't have been in the playoffs to beat you, and wouldn't have just been promoted to the Premier League.

Great business by Brighton :D

I did not think that " those very same "mugs" wouldn't have been in the playoffs to beat you" were playing. Murray got injured early in the first leg, did not play in the second leg, and i did not think that Dobbie featured at all in either game.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Its a fair price given his age, lenght of contract at Posh and his potential sell on value. Plus if we go down, Gayle and Murray would make a pretty decent front 2 in the Championship and give us a great chance of going straight back up.
Ok, he scored 7 goals in 9 game and it was decided that he was worth £500,000 rising to £750,000. He then scores 6 goals in 20 games and you guys say his value has risen by £2 million in those 6 months. He was young and had sell on value 6 months ago. Maybe if he carried on his goal scoring form I could understan how that £2 million increase is a fair price but as I said hes goal ratio is not much better than CMS and worse than Ulloa.

Banned
May 19, 2013
I did not think that " those very same "mugs" wouldn't have been in the playoffs to beat you" were playing. Murray got injured early in the first leg, did not play in the second leg, and i did not think that Dobbie featured at all in either game.

Dobbie wasn't eligible. But without him I don't think we'd have been in the playoffs at all. He put in a string of MOM performances which helped turn our slump around.

Was great to see him going mental on the pitch at Wembley. Must be the only Brighon player ever to celebrate a Palace win :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ok, he scored 7 goals in 9 game and it was decided that he was worth £500,000 rising to £750,000. He then scores 6 goals in 20 games and you guys say his value has risen by £2 million in those 6 months. He was young and had sell on value 6 months ago. Maybe if he carried on his goal scoring form I could understan how that £2 million increase is a fair price but as I said hes goal ratio is not much better than CMS and worse than Ulloa.

At the end of the day i think i would have been underwhelmed had Brighton signed him, and even less so had we been in the Prem and given a big cash windfall.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Dobbie wasn't eligible. But without him I don't think we'd have been in the playoffs at all. He put in a string of MOM performances which helped turn our slump around.

Was great to see him going mental on the pitch at Wembley. Must be the only Brighon player ever to celebrate a Palace win :)

That is not what you said though "" those very same "mugs" wouldn't have been in the playoffs to beat you"
You are welcome to him, let's see how many "string of MOM performances" he manages in the Prem....if he actually plays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here