Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

step by step , inch by inch until its too late

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
so you book out the local pub/club/cinema for an event. someone not in your club/social group invited is turned away. does this mean you're taking over?

i recall a cinema closed to all but breast feeding mothers a while ago, does that mean we are letting them take over?

this is the joy of our free country, companies can take such bookings if *they* wish to.

In this instance it wasn't booked for a special event like they do at Alton Towers. Somebody made a decision to turn away any non muslims wanting to watch a film at that multiplex.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
so you book out the local pub/club/cinema for an event. someone not in your club/social group invited is turned away. does this mean you're taking over?

i recall a cinema closed to all but breast feeding mothers a while ago, does that mean we are letting them take over?

this is the joy of our free country, companies can take such bookings if *they* wish to.

Yes , im sure a local muslim organisation booked the whole 25 screen 5000 seat complex.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
y6e3ymyv.jpg

Apart from the obvious error, it's a lie that they were show5ong Inbetweeners 2.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In this instance it wasn't booked for a special event like they do at Alton Towers. Somebody made a decision to turn away any non muslims wanting to watch a film at that multiplex.
Yes , im sure a local muslim organisation booked the whole 25 screen 5000 seat complex.

in Birmingham? why not? we arent told from the article either way, because that might get in the way of some righteous indignation. have it your way: someone at the Vue 5000 seat complex decided to arbitarily shut the venue to all non-muslims. yeah, that happend. even if it did im not sure what you point is, its not like a public amenity was shut, its between Vue, their staff and patrons.

meanwhile every weekend over the summer, dozens of public spaces will be shut to the general public as various events take place. Pepper Pig will be taking liberties in our very own city next weekend. it'll be too late soon, she'll have taken over.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
y6e3ymyv.jpg

Apart from the obvious error, it's a lie that they were show5ong Inbetweeners 2.

I question if it was also showing Guardians of the Galaxy, which got a nationwide release on Thursday or The Nut Job, which was released today.

I suppose it's possible the story was written by someone who just looked at the posters at the cinema rather than the film listings, but it seems odd that someone would struggle to look at pictures, or go to the effort of going to the cinema and not look at either the website that listed the film times, or the displays at the cinema with film listings.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
in Birmingham? why not? we arent told from the article either way, because that might get in the way of some righteous indignation. have it your way: someone at the Vue 5000 seat complex decided to arbitarily shut the venue to all non-muslims. yeah, that happend. even if it did im not sure what you point is, its not like a public amenity was shut, its between Vue, their staff and patrons.

meanwhile every weekend over the summer, dozens of public spaces will be shut to the general public as various events take place. Pepper Pig will be taking liberties in our very own city next weekend. it'll be too late soon, she'll have taken over.

So if you went out for a drink tomorrow evening in Brighton and all the door supervisors in the town pubs refused you entry because you were straight as this might upset the gay clientele celebrating Pride would you feel discriminated against ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So if you went out for a drink tomorrow evening in Brighton and all the door supervisors in the town pubs refused you entry because you were straight as this might upset the gay clientele celebrating Pride would you feel discriminated against ?

not quite the same is it. or rather, its grotesquely out of proportion. if i went out in Brighton and a pub or club refused entry because it was gays only, i'd move on. this has happend to me for gay or 999 nights. this happens all the time, and many venues will be barring people this summer, but you are chosing to ignore this direct analogy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I have been refused entry from a club in Manchester for not being gay. My mother and sister could not sit on the main table of a luncheon club in Hove for being female. Just as I couldn't join a ladies bridge club or win a ministry of black award. There are some clubs/days/organisations that are exclusive. Deal with it.

As far as this case is concerned, nothing has been proven. It's a one sided sob story and I don't belleve we will see the result.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It sounds like an error by security, probably told to keep troublemakers out, the kind that are DISGUSTED by stories like this.
If everyone was welcome we wouldn't have these errors.

Glad we sorted that out, and I see the cinema have apologised (despite not knowing anything about it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here