Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Steele for the next two or big bob?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Or he may be a success like Arsenal's old no.2 keeper who made a total of 15 appearances for the Gunners in 10 seasons.

Left to become a no.1 and won the World cup with Alexis a couple of years later.
... but who had had a run in the team to show his worth. It is a fair comparison but I would argue the difference is that you had the chance to really scout and observe him before the transfer happened. That isn't the case for Kelleher who has never been a first choice and you have a tiny data set to work from - it doesn't in any way seem like the type of signing we'd make because it is a total and unnecessary gamble.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
Sanchez for me as well, I think Steele's confidence must be shot after Everton! I also think that big Bob would have saved the second goal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It will matter not whether Bob or Jase if we give the ball away cheaply further up the field like we did on Monday.

and, didn’t we have posts blaming Bob last time we played Arsenal!? :shrug:

Last edited:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Steele is not a top class shot stopper - we all know that, right? - he will concede soft goals every now and then.

However, his confidence on the ball is quality and extremely important, which is surely why RDZ prefers him.

He's like an 11th outfield player. Really opens the pitch up.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Only right to post giving Steele the thumbs up this work after not being overly impressed last week. The fella frightens the life out of me but is so calm. A lovely pass through the middle stuck out and a little flick to the left when the center forward was up him. Good interview too. Well done Roberto for keeping the faith..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only right to post giving Steele the thumbs up this work after not being overly impressed last week. The fella frightens the life out of me but is so calm. A lovely pass through the middle stuck out and a little flick to the left when the center forward was up him. Good interview too. Well done Roberto for keeping the faith..
.....and to think Sanchez got stick on NSC for being too calm (or relaxed or laid back or whatever you want to call it)!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Steele’s been brilliant this season, our best keeper for decades and he can play too.

Revisionism going on after Webster/Dunk/Estupinan went AWOL against Everton.
Westy you been on the sherry ?
best for decades ? Is that in games played ?
yes JS has been rather good since his introduction
But please revisit this tomorrow in the cold light of day
Can’t fault todays performance either So dont think I am

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Westy you been on the sherry ?
best for decades ? Is that in games played ?
yes JS has been rather good since his introduction
But please revisit this tomorrow in the cold light of day
Can’t fault todays performance either So dont think I am
It’s hardly an amazing claim. The competition is Nicky Rust, Mark Walton and Maty Ryan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any word on Bobs injury 🧐

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sanchez for me as well, I think Steele's confidence must be shot after Everton! I also think that big Bob would have saved the second goal.
With the cockiest "f*** You" display of wonder-passing, shitehousery and gum-chewing ever seen at The Emirates.

It helps to have to save only one shot vaguely on target, of course. :LOL:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes, he did some lovely work. But also almost gave the ball to Xhaka with the goal empty, and whacked a pass into Jesus that could have gone anywhere. It could, could have been very different. But otherwise, very will played

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, he did some lovely work. But also almost gave the ball to Xhaka with the goal empty, and whacked a pass into Jesus that could have gone anywhere. It could, could have been very different. But otherwise, very will played
But that’s how we play. Same as Dunk & Colwill ‘could have’ given the ball away in tight areas but didn’t.

Sanchez just is no where near good enough on the ball to help us play how RDZ wants

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The readers of NSC 20 years ago, being shown that, then, from the future, as a teaser of what was to come, would assume we had failed to survive a nuclear holocaust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here